Week 4 Run 1 - Completed - Wahey !

I really enjoyed my run this morning ! Cant believe I ran for five minutes non stop ! The weather was very grey, drizzly and breezy but it felt very refreshing to run in. Im going to have a couple of rest days now , but I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get out there again :-) This is life changing for me, it is the most satisfying, amazing thing Ive ever done . I am so happy I have found this place, the support and advice is brilliant ! xxx Hope youre all enjoying running as much as I am :-)

Last edited by

7 Replies

• Well done! I remember how I felt running 5 minutes, such an achievement! This post echoes mine own feelings so much. I only finished the plan 2 weeks ago and I'm still chasing 5k but the change in such a short space of time is incredible, turned my life around by week 3 and I couldn't imagine not running now. I agree this forum is brilliant, its so lovely to know we're all in the same boat. Well done again, good luck with the rest of the plan :)

• Well done. It seems hardly five minutes since you joined this community - look at you now. You are progressing really well and I'm pleased it's all working out so well for you. Good luck with your next run and best wishes.

• Well done, Poppypug! :-) I completed week four on Friday; it is hard work (R3 was the most difficult, for me) but sooooo satisfying running those five minutes, isn't it?! Did you get a stitch? I got one on R1 but not really (just threats of one) any after that. Great achievement, PP, well done! :-)

As an aside, as far as I'm concerned, it can be grey, drizzly and breezy every single time I'm out; it really is so refreshing!

• Thanks everyone ! No stitches to report so far , fingers crossed x Looking forward to a couple of rest days and then getting out there again, although Im chomping at the bit to get going again- Oh Patience woman ! :-)

• Well done! I only joined this forum today, but I just had to reply as I also did Week 4 day 2 this morning and I feel exactly the same as you about how satisfying learning to run is for me!

• Welcome to the forum and, belatedly, C25K. If you want to put up a post of your own then you will find there is a lot of support out there that you can tap into. We are a friendly bunch here. Well done, good luck and best wishes.

• Hi Poppypug - sorry I missed your post! Well done you and you beat me to it! I have had a couple of heavy days dancing and very little sleep so have put off my W4R1 until tomorrow morning. Its a great scheme isn't it and as you say so lovely having so much support :-)

You may also like...