Week 2 Done!

Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it could've been. Panic set in a little bit when I had a phone call about 2/3rds of the way into the first run, "Are you busy?" asked the caller, "I'm just running, I'll be done in a few seconds" I replied as I gasped for breath. Then I managed to sustain the conversation through the 2 minute walk & the entire of the next run. I dread to think what I sounded like on the other end of the phone though....

I dragged a work friend out with me today & we followed the same route that I'd run on Sunday as I wanted to test the accuracy of one app against another. On Sunday, Nike + reckoned I did 4.03Km in 29:53 & today Map My Run reckoned 4.02Km in 29:30. Both were for the whole podcast (including warm up & cool down) so I'm dead chuffed with that, 5Km may not be out of my grasp after all.

Roll on week 3!

Last edited by

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I'd turn your phone off and concentrate on what Laura has to say. You don't want to miss anything

Glad you're enjoying it. It's good isn't it!

• I need my phone on to track my distance though, I might have to put it on "Do not Disturb" for the half an hour. No way I;ll be able to hold a conversation when I'm running for longer, lol!

• Well done on completing week 2. You seem to be doing very well distance wise. Good luck with week 3 and best wishes.

• You don't need to worry about logging distance at this point. Completing the podcast is what matters

I know it's nice to know how far and how fast but you can get too caught up in it. You're on week 2 so plenty of time to worry about times and speeds after Graduation

You may also like...