Week 7 Run 2. Had to stop after 23 minutes, calf muscles pounding !!

Bit disappointed but still confident I can do this. I have already ran constantly for 25 minutes twice before but today it was much tougher this morning?? Not sure if it's down to my new shoes (following a gait analysis) or not but my calfs and shins were really burning during today's run. I'm still not stretching before the run and am just following the 5 minute warm up walk with Laura in my ears. Any tips for trying to prevent Calf / Shin burn ahead of my next run?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There are linkls for a few exercises for shins that have been posted previusly. Its worth doing a search. One that I've found good is standing on a step and lifting and dropping my heels - then with toes pointing in, and with toes pointing out - hurts though!

Some runs do just seem to be tougher - somethimes fo rno obvious reason... at least it means the next one will probably be a bit easier!

Good luck!

• If I get leg ache on my run I do three or four butt kicks to get the circulation going. It seems to work for me

You may also like...