Completed first run of week 7

Got up early this morning and competed my first week 7 run and decided today to do a completely different route. Big mistake as a group of 20 something's passed me running and talking but thought to myself I have trained hard for this and they were not going to spoil all my hard work. First 20 mins went smoothly but decided the last 5 to up the pace and it was a long 5 mins but with determination I completed it. It can only get easier.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! sound like you had a great run. Its strange at first doing a new route, i have done the same one more or less all through the programme but last thurs tried a new really different route and really enjoyed it!

I had to run past a group of 3 teenage boys last week but just thought they probably won't even notice me, getting a bit more confident as the weeks progress! :) Glad your group of 20 somethings didn't put you off............

• Hurray for you! Sounds like you did really well. I'm doing R2 of week 7 tonight - go us!! :)

• Hope your run 2 went well. I also decided to do my second run this morning and felt really good. Going to have a rest day tomorrow and hopefully do last run on Wednesday.

You may also like...