Thought it would be fun to pull together our ideas for gifts for runners for Christmas. Here's my list (based on stuff I own and love), but what would others recommend or want?
1) Garmin watch. Someone lovely got me a 610. It seemed slightly excessive for a very novice runner, but actually it is totally fantastic. On repeated home routes I can see how my pace changes between runs On runs away from home, I can see on the pretty map where I actually went.
2) Headphones. I faffed around with earbuds or earclip things before and none were comfortable and lasted more than a few weeks. Thankfully headband earphones are now back in, and I have Philips SHQ5200/10 which are super comfortable, stay in place, I can take them off and on for traffic or to talk to anyone without it being a faff. They also have lasted through some bad weather without problem. Nice short cord (with an extension piece if needed).
3) Ipod of course. Ipod shuffle or 6th gen nano means you can clip it on your bra strap and with short earphone cord it is all very tidy.
4) Pas as you go phone. I don't want to carry my iphone with me (heavy and don't want to get it wet), but nor do I want to be unable to contact anyone in an emergency. I got a very cheap pay as you go flip phone which doesn't weigh much and holds its charge forever (as it doesn't do anything really).
5) Vouchers for buying running clothes, but I guess we really need to choose our own.
6) Waist pouch thing: I just got a sub 4 waist pouch, which holds all my junk and seems more comfortable than jacket pockets.
That's my list... what would you recommend/want?