I'm so happy, here's some of the highlights so far:
1) In earlier weeks my motivation was to think about how good I'd feel after successfully completing a run. Now I've noticed I've shifted to looking forward to the run itself (or at least how I feel after the first 10 mins, anyway).
2) Actually just really nice to get outdoors regularly. Today I saw a kestrel and a cormorant.
3) Fitness paying off in other sports and starting to notice a real difference day to day.
4) Lost a bit of weight: was not my primary goal and I haven't done any special dieting. It's only a bit of what I should lose, but it is noticeable and a lovely bonus.
5) Surprise speed increase over recent weeks, despite just aiming for "comfortable" each run. Maybe I'm becoming more confident about what I can maintain, but I think also muscles just working a bit more efficiently.
6) Feeling completely sure I can actually run 5km if I had to. I'm at 4.2km in 28 mins and can see it really isn't much more to continue to 5km.
Future thoughts (too strong to call them worries really):
1) Still wondering what doing a parkrun will actually be like. Friends have volunteered to join me for the first one!
2) Really want to get to running 9km comfortably (that makes a really nice round trip for me locally). I know there are some graduated podcasts, but need to think about pacing the distance increase sensibly over a couple more months I reckon.
3) I've stuck with this as it is such a defined programme, and this message board is great. Will I stick to running consistently in future? I know that improvement won't keep being so fast, so need to settle into a routine that I'm happy with.