Nearly there

Week 9, 1 down 2 to go. I'm so excited to be at week 9 but apprehensive that I've reached the final week. I've got to speed up to get to 5k in 30 mins so that's the goal when I graduate. Am I allowed to include the warm up/cool down walks in the distance? it feels like I'm cheating a bit if it do.... but..... when I get 3/4 way through my run I'm probably going at a fast walking pace anyway so...........

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Don't worry about the distance. Just worry about finishing the programme for now. You're nearly there.

Good luck!

• I'm the same. I don't think the warm up/ cool down time can be included; sounds like we both need to work in our pace :) But it's so hard in the cold!

• If you walk briskly for 5 minutes to warm up that helps. I have to climb a wet, muddy hill to start my walk so I have to sort of take a run up to get up it so I'm well warmed up by the time the run starts. I wear a lightweight running jacket over my long sleeved running top. I hate the cold!

• Kate, we're at the same point! When is your Graduate run? All being well mine will be Sunday. How are you finding the 30 minute run?

• With the dark nights I'm running once mid week after work in the dark and once at the weekend in daylight. I really wanted to graduate in the daylight on Sunday but don't think I'm going to get another run in on Friday after work so it'll be run 2 on Saturday or Sunday and my Graduate run (he, he!) on Tuesday night.

I found the extra 2 mins on my first run quite tiring but think it was more my mind than my legs. If I concentrate on my breathing then I find it's easier to keep a steady pace and I don't loose "umph".

Good luck with your graduate run

You may also like...