second post grad run and second 5k

I almost shirked this one and it looked rainy and windy and I really didn't fancy being out in it. Forecast said it would stop at 1pm and it did so off i went.

I find it quite hard to get started in this new cold weather so I felt that I was going quite slow. Someone here said 'this isn't the time of year for PB's' and so I kept that in mind and tried not to get discouraged.

I'm finding that I am able to run for about 4k or about 27mins now quite comfortably. I don't have trouble breathing, my legs are fine and I don't feel tired. I then push myself at the end so by the time i hit 5k or about 30 mins i really do feel tired!

Today I knew I was slower than my first 5k which i did in 32:43, so I pushed for a little more distance and did 5.25 in 36mins.

Really chuffed that I have kept to my schedule post-grad. Fingers crossed that I get out on friday!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Being chuffed is your prerogative now you have graduated. Your progress sounds impressive. I found setting some short term targets that could be achieved reasonably easily, was useful straight after graduation, as it kept the interest up.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Really impressed ReyC - well done!

You may also like...