Today is a very happy day for me and this community contributed in several parts to it
1) I know time and speed is not the most important thing in all this running but nevertheless today's achievement makes me smile. I got a new PB!!!! Finally under 31 minutes!!! (According to geodistance.com) 5k in 30 minutes and 51 seconds. I've been working soooo long on becoming faster (since my graduation on June) and apparently I'm on the right way. My last PB was two weeks ago on the treadmill (31:23min). Thank you, mhussain, for convincing me by your post that it is possible to run faster. Thank you, Julia321, for sharing your idea of extra pounds as exercise tools! Thank you all for your great posts on achievements and also on so-called failures (I'm convinced there is no failure!!!)
2) I finally managed to get a run in the park again instead of running on the treadmill (last run outside was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It meant I had to work harder but it also showed off in a better result than ever before Lovely weather, yellow-orange leaves, a lot of people enjoying their lunch break, well-behaved dogs and only slightly stupid dow owners... Thanks again, community, for sharing your runs and also adding some pictures from time to time. A very big thank you, swanscot, for sharing your pictures of Culloden. I was there for vacation last year and your pictures motivated me to check out my own surrounding again
3) I did the speed podcast on Sunday. Aaaand, I managed to do the 165bmp intervalls at a speed of 10.5 km/h (first), 10.7km/h (second), 11.5km/h (last 4 ones). I think it's been a long time since I ran so fast for a whole minute! (If it ever has happened before)
4) I got the results of a final exam this morning. I managed to improve my mark (I'm still waiting for another one and have an oral exam in a few weeks time... very frightened :/ )
5) Today is my boyfriend's and my 5 year anniversary!
6) I'll have dinner at a Greek restaurant (not because of our anniversary (we'll celebrate later), but because of a friend's birthday). Yummy!
7) And last but not least: Thank you so much again, C25K community! About 3 weeks ago, I got so many wonderful responses when I was really down due to my weight gain. You picked me up. I created an account on mfp and it seems to be working. I've already lost weight and am very happy about every single pound that I can forget about. I know, the dinner tonight won't help with my weight loss but I'm already saving calories during the day so it won't do too much damage.
You are all wonderful! I'm so happy to have found this community! Enjoy life! Enjoy running! Go for it!!!