Looking forward to my first run for eight days!

A week last Friday whilst out running by back didn't feel right, I shortened my run and since then I've had lower back pain that is moving around, from by back to my buttock.

Anyway after having a consultation (telephone) with my works Physio advice service I have been advised it is ok to run and have been provided with a tailor made exercise problem to stretch out my gluts and to build my core.

So tomorrow WOOHOO is my first run in eight days. Fingers crossed, followed by a few new stretches, there are loads but I only need to try three different types times each day after a warm up if exercise. I've also got a Swiss ball routine, but I need to buy a ball

Enjoy your runs :D I plan to :D

Last edited by

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Swiss balls are fab - haven't used mine for a while and I need to get back into a regular routine. Mine was from Aldi and only cost about £6. Enjoy your run :-)

• I'm looking forward to getting one.

• it's like some thing is missing when you are unable to run. Glad you are going to get back into it, take it easy.

• I do miss it when I can't run, but today went ok, a few niggles, but the post run stretch the Physio gave me are very good :-)

• Phil glad your going to be back in the running saddle again. How far you running these days.

• Thanks, Half Marathon distance, due to start training for my April marathon soon.

• Phill, is this the first time since starting running that you've been 'signed off' through injury? I know you will be so happy to get out there again.

• No it's the third time and I did the right thing for once and didn't run for a week till I'd taken medical advice. So prefer to be out for a week rather than 4 or 6...

You may also like...