W5R3 take 2 - success!

Started off real slow, panicked a bit during those really tricky first 5 minutes, then found some sort of rhythm I could maintain. It does feel mentally weird to continue running for that long, but managed to fight those feelings off and keep going. Hooray!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • :-) fantastic, it's an amazing feeling!

• Thanks Clumsy, yeah it is! wooooooooo :)

• I grin like an idiot for ages after completing a go, already starting to think what I can treat myself to on graduation. Don't think I was this happy and positive about graduating with my BSc all those years ago!

• Well done. A fantastic result. Slow and steady always does it.

• Congratulation, sarah-b, that's a major hurdle got over. Enjoy the feeling, I still remember it!

• Well done! I think we all had better runs yesterday as I too completed 5:3 on my second attempt yesterday. I'm still smiling 11hours on! :)

• Fab!!!!!!

• Excellent news! Bottle that feeling and you could make a fortune. That's a major milestone under your belt and should give you lots of confidence, although I would advise that you approach W6 with respect and don't rush in too fast. You know the drill.

Good luck.

• Thanks gang. Feeling much stiffer than normal today. More post-run stretching in order I believe. I will certainly take W6 cautiously.

• I also did Wk5R3 yesterday - great feeling isn't it!

Do you stretch after your runs? I think it helps and so far I haven't been stiff from running.

Today I'm not stiff, but absolutely exhausted. I walked the dog but it felt like real hard work. Maybe it was the 7 hrs of driving afterwards? Anyway, hopefully sleep will refresh me so I can tackle the Wk 6 tomorrow. Usually I have 2 days between 'weeks', but had to miss my Sunday run so I'm all out of kilter. Oh, how I'd like that extra day...

You may also like...