W5R3 - take 2 - mission complete!!!

I felt ready.

I had done the W5R1 and W5R2 for the second time this week. I had reduced running speed to just slightly more than my briskiest walking pace.

So much so that I was not even sweating by the time I was finishing.

And I felt ready for W5R3.

So I went for it on the trusty treadmill.

With Laura's voice in my ears and my playlist blaring away I kept going...and going...and going.

And when I reached 12 minutes with 8 minutes to go, I knew it that this was the one!

At 15 minutes, I was ready to celebrate.

And at 19 minutes, I still had enough gas in my tank so bumped the speed up and finished the 20 minute run!

Thanks to everyone for your advise.

This is certainly a day to celebrate. Can't wait for W6 and W7 :-)

Thanks all!

Cheers,

Ash.

12 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • wow Ash thats brilliant!! well done to you, definitely a celebratory day!! :)

• Thanks Aliboo :-)

• Well done Ash ! You put your mind ,heart and soul into it and it paid off big time ! :-)

Go you !

Onwards , always ! :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppy!

xxx

• Woo hoo Ash! brilliant - knew that you would do it this time! Hope you are feeling fantastic!

Now treat week 6 with real respect - seems to be the one that brings most people to grief! Keep taking it nice and slow

• Thanks Ully!

Yes, absolute respect for every single week :-)

• Well done, Ash. We knew you could make it. Hope you are grinning all day.

• Thanks PFW.

Everyone in the office knows that now I can run up to 20 minutes :-)

• Nice work!!! This is where the buzz really starts. I've just finished wk7r1 and its getting easier :-)

• Thanks Rachel :-)

Good luck with the remaining runs of week 7!

• Well done Ash. I knew you could do it. Remember week 6 can be tough so take it nice and slow and enjoy

• Thanks Cath!

You may also like...