Hello all you wonderful people...
Today is the day that I ran my first Half Marathon ( Fanfare sounds at this point!)
So here is Juicyju's story:
1. Fully panthered up with mental focus, black gear, vaseline for the lips, berrocca in a bottle and my panther sweatbands, off I went ( well I was driven into town to be dropped off!). I made a point of cooking a tagine last night to fuel up as I haven't been eating properly before my long runs as a friend said I really had to eat more, so I am...
2. I started off on the Downs in Bristol where all the Sunday runners go, they all looked like scary full on types but I gave them all a full Juicyju smile- 50% returned the gesture, the rest got a panther growl...grrrrrr
3. Clifton suspension bridge...ooh laa laa now that was fun, what a view and silky steve was telling me how amazing and beautiful I am ( well a girl can dream eh!) so I felt great.
4. Ashton Court next where we do parkrun...it was cancelled yesturday due to Brisfest, which as I ran through I discovered was a festival with bands etc...A few random types were staggering around and I gave a cheery hello and wave to the bearded man slunk against the fence enjoying his can of 'Special Brew'He didn't reciprocate!!!!
5. Then the boring bit....8k, 10k, oh blimey I'm not even half way yet....come on Ju KEEP RUNNING!!
6. At 14k I vaselined up my lips as I was getting so dry...but I was in the zone panthering along which was so good
7. I got to SPAR at 17k to get my drink and boy I was tired, and so sweaty. My legs were starting to feel heavy..
8. Off I went again......OK so at about 17.5k I hit the 'wall'...thump. My heart was so heavy and I started crying, my legs just stopped. So I rang home and told Mr Juicyju who said, 'where are you, I'll come and pick you up'..to which I replied, 'No..this is the bit you are supposed to tell me I can do it, that I only have just over 3k to go etc' 'oh' he said, I'll bring Leon then to help! So with 3 and a bit k to go I had my beautiful lad delivered, and Mr Juicyju driving up and down yelling things at me. Leon was amazin...... I was running, crying moaning and he kept telling me that I can do it and to keep going...and then I managed to find my panther again and gave a growl and just kept on running...
9. The last 1k was so hard, I just wanted it to end...kill me now...please..
10. Finally the magic numbers 21.9 appearred...OMG I have only bloody well done it...and in 2 hours and 21 minutes. I liken that hardness to week 5 run 3, That was so so hard, which made me realise if I can progress to this then the sky's the limit...
I have decided I aim to be a long distance running panther...speed is not for me
Thankyou so much everyone for all your amazing support
sending you all a Juicyju panther purr