W8 R2 back in the swing

Wow, how great was that?

Club run tonight, I still came in last but mere seconds behind the penultimate two. Stepped it up for the last 50 or so metres and it was awesome yay managed the whole 5 1/2 K in only 35 minutes with the last burst at a phenomenal pace - love this club so much they are so supportive, one of the younger members ran along with me at the beginning just to keep me company and make sure I was safe awww How different it was this time from last time I ran this route (back then I wasn't even able to run more than 20 minutes and that was pushing it). I felt so fantastic, I almost started dancing along instead of running lol I think I can look forward to the 10K fairly soon :-)

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That sounds great! Makes me want to go out and run now! :)

• Go greenlegs go :-)

• Well done Tor and judging by the tags for your post you really enjoyed it !

• Thank you, I really do enjoy the runs, more now that I can actually run 5k and 30 minutes, look forward to them so much I love rundays now lol the group is great too they give you that little extra push you sometimes need :-)

• I'm really pleased club running is going so well for you tonight will be my second session with mine. I do think it will be a safer way to run in the dark winter days too. Well done :)

• Thank you, how are you finding running with a club? You are quite right about the winter days, my reasons were pure and simply, can't get to park run because of work and I was worried when I graduate I might (will) have difficulty with motivation, I was worried about fitting in with 'proper runners' but it is the best thing I ever did :-)

You may also like...