Week 6 - Uncharted Territory No Longer!

I was a bit scared of W6R1 because I'd heard it was tough, and because when I started C25K last year it's the run that never happened because of my knee injury.

So I approached the run today with a certain amount of trepidation. I decided to use the podcast rather than my own choice of music, as I felt I could use Laura's encouragement today.

Anyway, it was certainly tougher than I expected, but I got through it. It felt very odd going back to intervals after the 20 minute run last time, but I can see what the plan is doing in building up stamina & fitness. I am certainly a lot fitter (and firmer!) than I was a few weeks ago, and I have no injury worries (touch wood!).

So I'll wait a couple of days & then have a go at W6R2.

It's great to have others on this forum who are at the same stage as me - hi to you all!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay! Well done Scipio. I found that run difficult yesterday... Mainly because I did an extra 5 min interval by mistake!! It is weird going back to intervals, but only another set of intervals and that's us onto longer runs all the time :-) hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

• Yes, weirdly I am enjoying it! But I admit I'll be glad when there's no more intervals.

You may also like...