Race for Life - thanks c25k!

Did race for life yesterday and was really chuffed to get round the course in 37mins which is the best I've done so far at a 5k. (my gps thing said it was only 4.8kms but I still felt good) Thanks to all you guys who gave me advice for running in hot weather - as it turned out it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be so I coped fine without the hat and glasses.

I found it quite tough running alongside other people though. Not only because some were repeatedly zooming past me then stopping right in my path to walk ( :( ) but because whenever anyone stopped near me, I had a really strong compulsion to stop with them and walk.

It was a great event and I was really thrilled to have achieved my (first) goal which was to be able to run this year's race for life! :D

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done with your Race for Life and what a great time too. I'm yet to run with anyone else so I hadn't really thought about other people just stopping right in front of you. What a pain! I get a strong compulsion to stop whenever I see a park bench. Lol. So that's your first goal ticked off, what plans have you got next? Claire. X

• Congrats! That is my goal too, doing my Race for Life on 14th July. Any suggestions?? Aim is to run the race under 30 minutes..we will see, I have never run that faster as yet! Heard that you can't listen to music when you ruin..is it true??

I have never run with anyone as yet so yet to experience running with a crowed. I might do a Park Run before doping the race.

What are your other goals? Maybe a half marathon??

Good luck to you for all your runs!!

• Not heard anything about not being allowed music. Loads of people had headphones in and I certainly had my supportive c25k podcast on for moral support.

Good luck with the run - hope you manage it in the time you want but don't beat myself up if you don't. As it was my first race i was aiming for a good time, but it felt a bit lonely running on my own. Looking forward to being able to be a bit more relaxed about it next year and run/walk with the girls. :-D

Think a half marathon is more than im aiming for! Im working towards a faster 5k for now and aiming to establish 3x30 min runs into my normal routine. I might try a park run but need to find a fairly flat one! :-)

• Thank you! Good luck to you for your runs!!

• Very well done! I'm doing RFL on July 14th too, so found your blog very useful. It sounds like you did it in a really good time, too. Congratulations.

You may also like...