Cure for a sore/hurt foot

It was Run 2 of Week 8 today morning. I ran for scheduled 28 minutes ( I think would have covered 3.5-3.75 km) , but felt good to run another 10-12 minutes, as I wanted to complete a 5 k, at least once in my life. Well, it felt good when completed, though I need to work on my speed. (5 k in say 40 minutes, currently).

But in the process, I think I might have hurt my foot a little. My left foot (just near instep/arch) is hurting a bit. Any ideas, apart from rest ?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You can get this by "overtraining" but unless it gets bad, you should be OK to run on it. That said, if it's Plantar Fasciitis (affecting the tendons that - roughly speaking - join the heel to the toes) it could be serious and put you out of action for months.

I'm not medically qualified but have been through it ... I don't think you've done enough to induce serious damage and a pair of gel heel inserts for your shoes might help- slip them under your insoles. That was what got me back on the straight and narrow.

But if you have any doubts, get checked out by your GP.

• Malcy, Thank you for the advice. I do hope it's not serious (it's a mild pain, with moderate discomfort when I walk). I have just started jogging/ running about a month and half ago, and it will be disastrous for me, if that is the case.

• Another technique to help is to get a ball (size of a golf ball but softer) and roll your foot back and forth. It massages the tendon and really helps it get better.

You may also like...