W6R3 - I just ran for 25 minutes :-)

After a few days break due to the very windy and rainy weather I finally got round to doing W6R3. Thought I was doing it on my own but at the last minute my husband said he was coming with me.

I had my own playlist again but had listened to Laura beforehand. I fixed the playlist so instead of having Laura say "You're a real runner now" at the end I had Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" as my last song.

It was hard work especially as we did the route with the up hill bits first. I slowed down for the hills and when I got out of breath. When my husband said to go faster I said no Laura says I have to go at my own pace.

I was so happy to get to ten minutes. It was hard work but I knew I could do it. Glad I wasn't running on my own for this run as I needed someone to celebrate with when I finally got to 25 minutes! I got a stitch in the last few minutes but I kept going and took deep breaths. It really is mind over matter and good music helps.

When I downloaded my results to Nike + I found I'd done 3.3km in 25 minutes which is a pace of 7 minutes 38 seconds per km - much higher than I was aiming for and my bpm playlist. I'm going to measure the actual route distance on a map tomorrow at work but the distance sounds about right.

Can't wait to get out there again on Tuesday for week 7 and on my own this time!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...