Joined by my 61 year old mum!

Over the last two days, my mum has joined me on Week One of C25K! It was so much fun getting out of the house and doing something together, and to top it off we met half the neighbours during our run - who knew exercise could be so sociable! The weather's incredible and the countryside is flourishing, bring on tomorrow!

10 Replies

• Sounds like you had fun running with your mum, good on you both, keep it up :-)

• thank you for the support :-)

• There are many of us running in our sixties: I'm 63. I hadn't run since hating it at school but found this programme in January and now I run 5k three times a week. Have fun, both of you! :-)

• Thank you! The programme really is great fun for everyone. I'm incredibly glad we found it!

• Hiya, I'm a 61 year old too .. great that you are both out there being sociable and getting fitter too! :) My two sons are both away in their own homes now, keeping fit and active with young families and gym and sports club memberships. I was the one who had done zippo since schooldays, so I have found it amazing to get out there, do it all, and still be keen as mustard to do it and more into my retirement. Tell your mum we ought to form an 'over 60s growing older disgracefully' group. LOL

Lots of luck and encouragement to you both :) ;) :D Cheers, Linda x

• Thank you for the support! I hope we both get to the end of the programme :-)

• Yup, you'd better be careful with the exclamation marks there lhr2! ;-) 61 sounds pretty good to a 65 year old - and until i moved away last year I played squash regularly with a very fit 70 year old ...

• My point is this is a fantastic exercise programme which can be taken on by anyone of any age and in which everyone should get involved!

• Well done to your mom for joining you on your journey ,I was 73 when I started last year I now still run 3 times a week, lost some weight, blood pressure down. I have had some bad runs, still do, but conquered a hill this week that I have been trying for months. Listen to Laura , take it slowly and she will be fine. Pat :-)

• fab, well done to you both, and how lovely to have such a positive thing to share :-)

You may also like...