5 x 50 update and I also did a very mad thing yesterday

In addition to sfb350 I also registered for the London Marathon yesterday, I must be mad!!!!

My 5 x 50 challenge experience has been mixed. Last week I was feeling very despondent as I still hadn't been running and I was finding it difficult to keep motivated. I have however found my mojo - Friday I needed to deliver a birthday card so delivered it by hand doing run/walk intervals so as not to put to much strain on my shins, ended up being an 8k round trip. Did another run on Saturday again run/walk intervals and again today I did a 5k run. Shins seem to be holding up but have been doing strengthening exercised which I will continue.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great news morningglory! Looks like you have some serious training ahead of you! Wishing you the very best! Gayle

• How exciting, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the ballot. PS they've closed the ballot already, 125k in 12 hours applied apparently.

• Oh no - I missed the ballot. Phew, thank goodness. Hats off to you - an amazing challenge ahead, but you've already proved to yourself that you can do great things.

Just think - a year from now. Marathon over, a great time, a smug grin on your face!

Good luck - keep us up to date on your progress.

• Only 1 in 7 chance of getting a place so I will leave it to fate. I registered at 9 am and the ballot was closed by 12 cause a friend at work tried to register and was too late.

I think I will plan to do a half in either Sept or October (have two in mind) that will at least be good training if I do get a place

• Wow, what fun that will be if you get picked. When do you hear whether you've got a place of not?

• Well that made my jaw drop - literally! Go you!

I shall enjoy cheering you on for your half too!

• Brilliant, I'll get the pom-poms out and start cheering!

• Go Morningglory :) I really hope you get choosen....I'll be cheering for you. Can't wait to hear your good news...keeping my fingers crossed for you :-D

You may also like...