Finally I've finished week 6!

I think I must have the world record for staying at week 6, but today I managed to finish run 3. Thanks to Greenlegs and the advice about slowing down! At one point I think I was almost running on the spot, but I kept on going. It really is a mental challenge, I think I could have done this weeks ago but I just kept giving in when it got tough. So pleased with myself for doing this, I was beginning to think that I had reached my peak at 10 minutes of running. Looking forward to week 7 now, please tell me it gets easier because this run was tough! Does the music change in week 7? I've spent so long at week 6 I think I know all the songs by heart, even find myself singing them - which is not good!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done on working so hard- so true that if at first you don't succeed... Well done you x

• If you can do this one, you CAN do the rest! As you say, it's mostly in the mind, your legs can do it. :) Glad the slow and steady helped. :)

I think the music is different, but must admit to not using it for most of the continuous runs - I found I preferred just timing it and focusing on what I could see and hear around me, but I know that doesn't suit everyone. Lots of people seem to use their own music too.

You are close to graduation now - keep on going! :)

• Thanks Greenlegs. I'm beginning to believe that I can achieve this!

• I've been there stuck on a week. With me it was week 4 and I gave up the first time so really well done on sticking at it.

No it doesn't get any easier - but having come this far I'm sure you know that but if you're determined to push yourself you can do it.

I just graduated after only repeating 3 runs - and this from the girl who couldn't run 5 minutes in November. The only thing that changed second time around was my determination.

Whilst weeks 7-9 were not easy I am finding I get into 'the zone' somewhere around the 10 minute mark now where I feel comfortable

Well done and good luck x

• Well done - good luck with the rest. Now you have broken a mental barrier there's no stopping you :)

• Thanks so much for this post! i Came on here this morning looking for someone who has finished week six, because i am really doubting if i can, i did run two and really struggled with the two ten minutes, today is run three and im really nervous, so i thought go on the forums and get some motivation from someone who says it can be done and saw your post which has really helped, going out about three o clock to give it a go...

You may also like...