Getting nervous now - first 5k race tomorrow!

It's my RunBalmoral 5k tomorrow. Not sure how it will go as I haven't run in almost 2 weeks. I have been doing quite a lot of walking so hoping my fitness levels aren't too bad. I know it's supposed to be fun and I've already raised quite a bit for charity but I still would like to do it in a decent time. I'm aiming for 35 minutes and would be delighted with anything under that. Here's hoping the hail and sleet stays away. We've had everything today - sunshine, wind, hail, sleet ........

Think there's a couple of others on here going to be there so good luck to you.

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope you have a lovely run, without too many weather problems! :)

• Thank you!

• Goodluck! Hopefully the sun shows its face...

• Thanks, here's hoping.

• Have a great run, rosn123! The weather forecast is now looking better than it has all week, so let's hope we actually get the promised sunny intervals!

It should be a great atmosphere. The organisers say they will be 8000 people there and it will be great to see so many children in the Primary and Secondary School races.

• Thanks. Should be a good crowd. We're hoping to be there in time to my great niece run in the Primary School race. Enjoy your run - I'll look out for you.

• All the best for your run too, swanscot. :)

• Enjoy, you'll be grand, fingers crossed for perfect running weather :-)

• Thank you!

• Wow, do I admire you! What a lovely thing to do. :-)

Of course 35 minutes would be fantastic and you're aiming for a PB, but don't worry too much about the time: breathe in the atmosphere and enjoy yourself. Come rain or shine it's bound to be a day to remember... :-)

• Best of luck - you're probably out there now as I'm typing this! Let us know how you get on :)

• Good luck and enjoy yourself.

It looks wonderful. I'm envious. Walked very close to the route on holiday 2 years' ago. I love running in new places.

• Good luck. Hope it goes well and most importantly I hope you enjoy it!! X

You may also like...