Slow and steady wins the race: Apart from... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

12,503 members β€’ 16,272 posts

Slow and steady wins the race

Zebadee1
Zebadee1
β€’22 Replies

Apart from there wasn't one really. Just me against the gremlins. This was the first time I managed to get out since last week's Parkrun. It was a lovely sunny afternoon and I had just over half an hour to spare. So I run and it felt lovely. I proved to myself that I can still do it and it feels good....have a lovely weekend everyone πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

22 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate10

Good run for you today Zebadee1, I assume the half hour to spare was before it got dark, have a great weekend, I am going to run a 5K parkrun tomorrow morning, the temperature is forecast to be - 6C/21F, so I'll be well wrapped up. 😊 Brrrr

Zebadee1
Zebadee1 in reply to AlMorr

Yes, first time I didn't get home in rain and darkness today. The sunshine definitely helped. .....definitely sounds like plenty of layers needed by you tomorrow. Enjoy 😊

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate10 in reply to Zebadee1

πŸ‘ πŸƒπŸΎ

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate10

Isn't it great what you can do in your spare half hour and the sun was out , sounds lovely. I also had the sun and -3 but it was great. Enjoy your weekend πŸ€—πŸ€—

Zebadee1
Zebadee1 in reply to Buddy34

Brrrr, I thought 5Β°C felt chilly. I got to test my new running jacket. It definitely helped......The sun makes everything seem so much better, I hope it lasts !

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate10 in reply to Zebadee1

What jacket did you buy?

Zebadee1

Adrenaline womens jacket from mountain warehouse....I would have preferred it to be a bit longer and more fitted as it feels a little bit bulky, but it was quite comfortable to run in. And I definitely won't be over looked wearing it πŸ˜€

mountainwarehouse.com/adren...

Buddy34

Oooh I really like that πŸ€—

Zebadee1

It's the first one I ever had to buy so didn't want to spend a fortune. I like the underarm zips and the pockets are really handy too....the reviews are good and for now I am happy with it.

Buddy34

Might just buy myself one , even better get someone else to buy me itπŸ€—

Jacca
Jacca in reply to Buddy34

🀣 A girl after my own heart just be careful though the watch I wanted turned from a garmin to a fitbit 🀣 but at least I didn’t pay for it!!

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate10 in reply to Jacca

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Zebadee1

That's the way to do it. Mine was an early Christmas present. I chose it, ordered it through my cash back account, just used husband credit card. Both happy πŸ˜€

Sparkey5000
Sparkey500060minGraduate in reply to Zebadee1

You should be on commission.....I love that jacket too and got my better half to get it for me for Xmas! Win win 😊

Zebadee1
Zebadee1 in reply to Sparkey5000

I hope you like it. It feels a little stiff, but think it will improve with wear .

Grannyhugs
GrannyhugsGraduate10

Great run squeezed into the sun, well done. Summer seems so long ago we are all waiting for that blink of sunshine β˜€οΈ

Sparkey5000
Sparkey500060minGraduate in reply to Grannyhugs

A day off and a delayed start to our weekend away so up and squeezed a run in too. So nice to be watching the sun come up rather than out in the wet dark evenings. I really struggle in a morning usually but this run was a real pleasure.

Thank you....as much as I like winter, I do miss the lighter evenings. Must be cause I'm a runner now, the dark is just too inconvenient πŸ˜‰

Well done zebadee sounds like you had a great run 😁

Hidden
Hidden

Well done getting out there and how lovely it was a sunny afternoon. I used to love winter but now I view all weather in terms of whether it’s good for running or not. What has happened to me!! I love that it’s cool but the rain and dark 😟

The thing that spurred me on at 6.30am yesterday morning was the though that so many other VRB would be out there somewhere doing the same and I wasn’t alone in my endeavours. Have a happy weekend.

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate10

Hold on to that post run feeling as it’ll motivate you to run next time. Well done πŸ’ͺ🏽

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator

Always....

You may also like...