Slow : Slow getting out the front door, as... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

12,500 members16,269 posts

Slow

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10

Slow getting out the front door, as ever it’s deciding where to run that takes me ages. I decided to try a new circular route to include some hills (going running round Lyme Park next Fri with a friend. Yikes!) I went off-road and it went pretty well til the path turned in to a stream. I walked that bit despite having trail shoes on (I got very wet feet last run because just one bit was really wet, so learned my lesson).

I ran up those steep steps again (that’s becoming a bit of a thing, they weren’t even on the way, I had to do a bit of a detour to do that). Uphill really slows me down. I still need heaps of practice. After another couple of uphill bits I was really flagging on the home straight! A slow 7.5km done and new places discovered. That’ll do!

13 Replies
oldestnewest
SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatGraduate10

Ooooh, that looks lovely. I love that you detour to run the steep steps instead of detouring to avoid them 💪. You're a beast!

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10 in reply to SaskAlliecat

I need the practice 😬

Looks great, baddie. My run took me DOWN a hill! I'm going to have to get brave like you, and get running UP them.

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10 in reply to grumpyoldgirl

Do it really slowly. I did the matching outfit trick today... pink t-shirt...

😁 you can borrow these 😎

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10 in reply to grumpyoldgirl

I just gasp 'Apparently this is good for me' as I plod past non-runners. It normally gets a laugh 😁

JonathanP
JonathanPGraduate10

Detour to go up steps?! I said they were addictive 😀

Sandie1961
Sandie1961Graduate10

Oh my goodness, Lyme Park ... Ultimate respect! Today’s run sounded very satisfying, if a tad damp! We bailed last night and came home as the wind and rain were showing no sign of abating 😢

Pianism
PianismGraduate10

That sounds like a lovely run and it sure looks pretty. I know what you mean about hills... I don't do many and think I ought to start if I'm going to be doing Lyme Park parkrun in the autumn!

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10 in reply to Pianism

Add a few in here and there. I'm still so slow up hill...

Well that sounded pretty spot on. Great run BTP and with steps too. 😀

Katnap
KatnapGraduate10

You'll be like a mountain goat at this rate! 😁 🐐

BaddieThePirate
BaddieThePirateGraduate10

In my dreams. Dreading Lyme Park but it's got to be done!

You may also like...