Possibly W2R1 or... a “spare” run: I don’t... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
11,413 members14,943 posts

Possibly W2R1 or... a “spare” run

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10

I don’t know what has happened to me where I look out my window on a cold, grey, windy day like this and think “I really want to go for a run.”

The thing is, because of the way my runs got bunched up at the start of the week, I had a space to run today though I had done all of week 1 of B210k. So I went out and did the 6k run from week 2. This could mean I have started week 2 already but I think I might repeat this 6k next week so I am back in sync with ju-ju-‘s updates. But I’ll see how I get on.

I found the 6k quite hard but I’m not sure if it was due to the extra distance or the weather as I always seemed to be running into the wind, both ways along the beach. I suppose it was coming off the sea and was sort of sideways-on.

I’m pleased to have done the run but even more pleased to be back inside in the warm!

9 Replies
oldestnewest
Bridget007
Bridget007Graduate10

Well done 😃 and the beach looks lovely I love a winter beach scene 😊

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10
in reply to Bridget007

Thanks!

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Well done jimmers, your week can be anything from 6 days onwards, so I would count it as first run of week 2. You may want to add an extra rest day later so that would give you one in hand. I’m a week ahead of ju-ju as I started early.

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10
in reply to Dexy5

Nice work!

Deals1
Deals1Graduate10

Looks a lovely place to run

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10
in reply to Deals1

It’s nice and flat!

Hidden
Hidden

Awesome Jimmers!

Bagging a spare run... 🙌🤩

I’m sure you’ll smash this plan!

Looks a great place to run! 🙌

I think it makes such a mental as well as physical difference having the opportunity to run by the sea and breathe in fresh, healthy air. If I’m tired, I just think how lucky I am not to live in the middle of a polluted city and can watch the waves while I jog.

jimmers
jimmersGraduate10
in reply to Rosy230973

Yeah! I’ve alway lived by the sea. Before I started running, I’d go for walks along the Prom. I don’t how I’d cope with living inland!

You may also like...