My longest run so far

Found it hard to motivate myself to go out on a run this afternoon but felt that I should.

I did the 3rd run of Sami Murphy's week 1 - I think I've done one a week so not exactly 'week 1'.

Anyway, I loved it! I carried on for a little after the end of the 4th 10 minute run, in order to complete 6k. This is my longest run to date and I'm feeling pretty good and proud of it! ๐Ÿ˜„

16 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yay., Good for you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It's brill int it. I always run with it, when I run with music that is, but always in longer runs. The lyrics are perfect and can save your life when you are struggling

Good luck with it ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’ช

• Yes mw, good music and the beat is just right I find. Hope the other 4 weeks are as good!

• Well done ๐Ÿ˜Š and be proud ๐Ÿค—

• I will thanks. Not as hot as Croatia but still my Garmin said 16 degrees, at 5pm.

• Well done - funny how it works.

• Yes, my pace is faster even including the 1 minute walks.

• They are! On week 5 you get three different podcasts. I got stuck on week 4, and a bit bogged down, but I kept going.

I wrote down the tracks somewhere, excluding the walking bits. I really like one of the cool down walk tracks, I love you til the end by The Pogues ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you heard Shakira yet? The lyrics on that always make me Ritter

Keep going, slow but sure and enjoy yourself ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Don't think I've heard Shakira yet but I admit I wouldn't recognise it/her if it knocked me down ๐Ÿ˜„

• I knew hardly any of the tracks but I love loads of them now

• I'm really interested in these podcast. Can you give me the link please?

• Oh gosh Segrie , I can't remember the link exactly, did it on my phone, I think I just googled "Sam Murphy bridge to 10k'. Good luck.

• You should be very pleased with yourself, make sure you get the rest in though and it will keep happening๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Going on to week 2 this week... ๐Ÿ˜

• Well done, sounds a great run :)

• It was, really enjoyed it. I even went out again today, never done 2 days in a row before. Well, it was just a walk across the fields but as I had my trainers on there was a bit of intermittent running... then as I reached the road it started to rain so I ran home ๐Ÿ˜„

• You have certainly got the bug :)

You may also like...