Bridge to 10K
4,852 members5,483 posts

My longest run so far

Found it hard to motivate myself to go out on a run this afternoon but felt that I should.

I did the 3rd run of Sami Murphy's week 1 - I think I've done one a week so not exactly 'week 1'.

Anyway, I loved it! I carried on for a little after the end of the 4th 10 minute run, in order to complete 6k. This is my longest run to date and I'm feeling pretty good and proud of it! 😄

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Yay., Good for you 😃 It's brill int it. I always run with it, when I run with music that is, but always in longer runs. The lyrics are perfect and can save your life when you are struggling

Good luck with it 🏃‍♀️🙂💪

1 like

Yes mw, good music and the beat is just right I find. Hope the other 4 weeks are as good!

Well done 😊 and be proud 🤗

1 like

I will thanks. Not as hot as Croatia but still my Garmin said 16 degrees, at 5pm.

1 like

Well done - funny how it works.

1 like

Yes, my pace is faster even including the 1 minute walks.

1 like

They are! On week 5 you get three different podcasts. I got stuck on week 4, and a bit bogged down, but I kept going.

I wrote down the tracks somewhere, excluding the walking bits. I really like one of the cool down walk tracks, I love you til the end by The Pogues 🙂

Have you heard Shakira yet? The lyrics on that always make me Ritter

Keep going, slow but sure and enjoy yourself 🏃‍♀️

1 like

Don't think I've heard Shakira yet but I admit I wouldn't recognise it/her if it knocked me down 😄

I knew hardly any of the tracks but I love loads of them now

I'm really interested in these podcast. Can you give me the link please?

Oh gosh Segrie , I can't remember the link exactly, did it on my phone, I think I just googled "Sam Murphy bridge to 10k'. Good luck.

You should be very pleased with yourself, make sure you get the rest in though and it will keep happening😀😀😀

1 like

Going on to week 2 this week... 😁

Well done, sounds a great run :)

1 like

It was, really enjoyed it. I even went out again today, never done 2 days in a row before. Well, it was just a walk across the fields but as I had my trainers on there was a bit of intermittent running... then as I reached the road it started to rain so I ran home 😄

1 like

You have certainly got the bug :)

1 like

You may also like...