Bridge to 10K
6,122 members โ€ข 6,846 posts

A new version of ๐ŸŽถYMCA ๐ŸŽถ, Helped me beat my target today!

A new version of ๐ŸŽถYMCA ๐ŸŽถ, Helped me beat my target today!

What a run this morning! My Shrek playlist turned up trumps again, and surprisingly it was YMCA rebranded as C25K that kept me going. Feel free to sing along - I did and included a new set of actions too.

๐ŸŽถ

Runner, thereโ€™s no need to feel down.

I said runner, pick your feet off the ground.

I said runner, you can run out of town,

It will make you feel so happy.

๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€

Runner, keep your pace fairly slow,

I said, runner through the park you can go

Passed the cornfield with the sun in your eyes

Mapmyrun says itโ€™s a good time.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

I started running with C25K

My friends all told me that Iโ€™m doing ok.

But a twinge in my foot and my knee will annoy,

Now this run I can not enjoy.

๐Ÿ™

I thought about Oldfloss in C25K,

Keep running slow is what she would say.

Keep on running youโ€™re keen, passed those gremlins, theyโ€™re mean,

And donโ€™t worry about that hill.

โ›ฐ

Runner you donโ€™t need to look down.

She said runner, make your feet kiss the ground.

So I tried it and then amazingly

All my aches and pains retreated.

๐Ÿ˜

But now I feel I could run on all day.

Now my legs feel just fine and they donโ€™t seem to mind.

And I know I can keep going.

๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

And now Iโ€™ve run over twenty two k.

Now my legs feel like lead, I may just need my bed,

But I feel good and feel happy

๐Ÿค—

(and have achieved my first ever half marathon. )

50 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

brill!!

1 like

Thanks ju-ju- but I'm knackered now. Finding it hard to walk upstairs. ;-)

1 like

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Well sung Raz ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Ha ha!! That made me laugh!!! Which isnโ€™t good for my poor bruised nose after my fall today!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Oh no! Poor nose ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh my, I didnโ€™t know you had a fall. Hope you havenโ€™t injured yourself too badly . ๐Ÿค•

1 like

I tripped over a rock on my run this morning!! Landed on my nose! Not sure where my hands were! Happened so quickly but thankfully apart from a few facial grazes and red nose of course Iโ€™m fine!! Must remember feet must kiss ground not nose!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Just noticed what a lengthy run that was you did!!!๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Yes it was rather a long one. Iโ€™ve never run that far before. Itโ€™s just over a half marathon so I was pretty chuffed. But we donโ€™t get a graduation badge for this distance. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah, but you do! Go to the marathon and race support forum and request your much deserved badge!

At least you didnโ€™t fall in nettles like I did 2 weeks ago. Iโ€™m still in a splint for my wrist, and now have an absolute phobia of nettles.

I hope your face feels better soon. Grazes are so nasty. ๐Ÿค—

1 like

Thank you!! I got off extremely lightly!!

Hope your wrist gets better soon and you can get rid of splint! ๐Ÿ˜€

Great run with great lyrics!

1 like

Thanks SaskAlliecat. Itโ€™s the furthest Iโ€™ve ever run.

1 like

Nothing like heading out for a greater than HM jaunt ๐Ÿ˜. That is boding well for the playlist! I can't wait to use it this weekend on my runs.

1 like

Iโ€™ve never run a HM before. So I was really pleased.

1 like

You should be! Thatโ€™s a cracking good pace too!

1 like

hahaha, i can just see you running in a huge cowboy hat to Village People!

1 like

Crumbs, I was so caught up in chortling at your lyrics that I missed the distance. That's amazing! x

1 like

Thanks FlickM3 , it was my first ever half marathon.

1 like

I have serious half marathon envy. Hey, you just motivated me! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

1 like

Glad to have helped. Will you be running tomorrow then?

1 like

I really hope so. I want to. Iโ€™m going to go up and fondle my lycra right now ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Sheer brilliance!! Oh and what a distance, can only dream about that at this stage but so inspiring. Thanks Razouski. :)

1 like

I had never intended to run so far when I did C25K and it is still a source of amazement that I can actually run 10k quite regularly. So although Iโ€™d been gradually increasing my distance this was a bit of a surprise. ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Another winning tune! Well done, again!โ˜บ

1 like

Thanks, I think the whole process of making up new words while I run helps to distract me from the process of running itself and somehow makes it easier. ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

I just don't know how you remember the lyrics after the run ๐Ÿ™ˆ They're good though!

1 like

They buzz around my head even when a different track is playing, like an ear worm. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Amazing Razouski you are inspiring me to go on, i can only dream of that distance, congrats

1 like

Thanks Guesty26 I really enjoyed it, but I was pretty useless for the rest of the day.

1 like

Ive just completed my first 10k and that was thanks to your post this morning, you made me want to get out, this is a great forum

1 like

That's fantastic - congratulations on a wonderful achievement.

1 like

Superb thatโ€™s bubbles at lunch next week!

Thanks Jancanrun it was a bit weird as when I first got back I didn't think that much of it, but then as I got my breath back it dawned on me that I'd actually achieved another milestone. Looking forward to lunch next week. Cheers.

Hopefully Iโ€™ll have done my 50% of distance by Tuesday, so we can do double celebrations!

1 like

Yeah!

Well thatโ€™s the most amazing thing Iโ€™ve read today...

1 like

Also HOLY COW thatโ€™s a long run!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1 like

Who you calling "Holy Cow"???? ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

To be honest I was quite surprised too. ;-)

1 like

๐Ÿ˜‚ I think myself to be honest but Iโ€™m taking it out on you I think ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jolly well done!!! ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Wow! That's a fab run. Was feeling a bit indifferent about my long run tomorrow but feeling motivated now. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ those legs must be tired.

1 like

They've recovered today, but last night they were really achey and I had to have a hot water bottle on my calves despite the heat. It was either that or Tiger Balm, but Mr Razouski dislikes the smell. ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ˜ท

Ah the panacea that is Tiger Balm ๐Ÿ˜. Does stink though so can see Mr Razouski point. Even more impressed to know that legs are ok today.

1 like

Unbelievable.. absolutely wonderful...:)

I am only a few weeks into HM my plan... and you go out and just do this :)

Brilliant...!!!

1 like

I didn't just do it, honest, I have been gradually increasing my distance. I had taken a look at an Asics HM plan but realised I was pretty much on the way. I'm sure you'll be there soon too Oldfloss , and I certainly couldn't have done it without you being my virtual running buddy while I ran it. :-)

1 like

Sorry, I really didn't mean to sound a meanie... :) I know you have been building up.... :)

I was just really really impressed and a tad blown away:)

I think I felt a bit the same...as you... took a look at my runs and though, maybe, just maybe.. running regular 10/11 Ks and feeling able to move up..I am working to my own plan..but it is slow going...

You have done brilliantly... and hopefully I will get there too :) xx

1 like

You could never sound mean! Youโ€™re an inspiration to us all. X

1 like

You are lovely :)

I think the way I am, does give some folk, some support... I just wish sometimes I could convince myself of things :) xxx

You may also like...