Bridge to 10K
4,839 members5,456 posts

What next?

So I got to 10k yesterday. I’m not interested in going further for the moment but do want to improve my pace, mainly for 5k. What should my weekly running plan be? I’d considered:

Run 1 faster paced 4K or 4K with intervals (if I can but I find them hard!)

Run 2 5k ParkRun

Run 3 longer, slower run. Should this be 10k every week?

Any advice would be appreciated!

15 Replies
oldestnewest

I guess 1 shoe does not fit all. Howvere mine is similar to yours but a different order. I am now tempted to join a running group for more structure but not done enough research on the clubs yet

2 likes

Oooh yes I’d contemplated that too 👍🏽 thanks

I'm wasn't interested in going further either, just give it a couple of weeks 😂😂

Oh no! I feel exhausted thinking about it. 😂 Good for you!

1 like

I got to 15k a couple weeks back, I actually think once you can do 10k most of the rest is the mental battle, unfortunately my asthma holds me back a lot of the time, going to do a 7k tomorrow

2 likes

Well done! You’ll be doing half marathons soon! 💪🏽

1 like

You may find you are quicker at 5k runs now you have done some longer distance runs Tasha, I did.

Congratulations on your 10k run, thats brilliant. Ask for your Graduate badge here...

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

Well done.😊 x

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Well done Tasha99.

I used the excellent 5k training guides from runningfastr.com/5k-trainin... and steadily worked my way throught the plans - now closing in on 24 mins

Ooh thanks I’ll take a look!

Will you be changing your handle to slightlyfasterdave?

1 like

😂

I like the idea, slightlyfasterdave until I crack the 24 mins and then superfastdave - damn those personal running goals!

Admin, how do I change my username?

1 like

Wow Tasha, go girl!! Well done to you! 🍾😊

1 like

Thanks!

You may also like...