Bridge to 10K
7,398 members β€’ 8,899 posts

Resting - not from life but from running

As some may know, I am nursing a groin strain at the moment. I had a session with the sports massage therapist this week which, although painful, seems to have helped a bit as walking is less sore than it was.

I have another massage booked for next week then I am hoping to be able to take part in the Bristol 10k on the 13th. I'd like to be able to run at least some of it....

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Hi Joy, fingers crossed for you, that first massage session sounds promising, but I bet it was painful😯...

Good luck and I really hope you feel fit enough to do your event with your daughter.😊xx

1 like

Thanks Jan! I'll give it a go anyway! xx

1 like

Hope it clears up soon for 10k, all the best!

2 likes

Thanks Dave, it's feeling a bit better day by day πŸ˜„

Glad the massage helped Joy. It bodes well for the race πŸ‘Œ

2 likes

Thanks IP, I'm pleased I went for the massage. Hopefully the next one will help even more. It's horrible not running though - trying to keep my mood from slumping! πŸ™‚

2 likes

How frustrating for you Joy, but good that you have sought help and are resting it. I think so many are tempted to run through injuries that would settle much sooner with a few days rest. Fingers crossed for you and hopefully you will be ok for next weekend. Because it is such a big event there is a wide range of runners so you won't feel any pressure to run beyond the pace you feel comfortable at. πŸ™‚x

1 like

Thanks Sandra. I physically could not run with this anyway. Well, maybe I could this weekend but I am taking advice from my daughter and my massage therapist not to run at all, maybe till next Saturday.

Daughter says that some people walk this event for charity but really I would much rather run it! We'll see πŸ˜„ x

1 like

Fingers crossed for you x

1 like

Thanks Flick. Love the new outfits by the way! πŸ˜€

1 like

Ah, I got the Tikiboo black running jacket since then. 😊

1 like

You may also like...