Bridge to 10K
6,534 members7,295 posts

At last a run after 16 days but bloody hard!!!

At last a run after 16 days but bloody hard!!!

So after being grounded by asthma for 16 days I finally ventured out fully expecting it to be tough. The target was to do 5k but i could only manage 3k in the end and it certainly was difficult.

Still at least it's a start and if I look back at a similar length injury break over Christmas and New Year I was able to get my distances up pretty quickly that time so fingers and everything else crossed.

Run happy, run safe.

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Woo hoo! The first one is always the hardest but you’ve done it. And now you know you can do it again it will get easier. Good luck with the next one 😊

2 likes

Great news Chris...3k is a good distance.

Bet you enjoyed getting back in your runners! Hope your asthma behaves itself now..😊x

1 like

Thanks Jan, I enjoyed getting out but cant really say I enjoyed the run, hopefully it will start to get easier from now on x

1 like

I have just run 5k, second run after 4 weeks out of action...did it, but it felt enough😄xx

1 like

Well done you xx

1 like

Good to see you back

1 like

Thanks Flick, it's a battle at the moment.

1 like

It will get better.

1 like

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

Bloke who wrote that also made exceedingly good cakes.

3 likes

Ah Mr Kipling, thank you!!! 😁

Well done! You should take it easy, so 3K is great to start with. Hope the next runs will feel easier and easier!

2 likes

Thanks so much

Great news Chris....You will get there.... and the start is just the beginning... :) x

2 likes

As always Floss, wise words and thank you x

1 like

Well done Chris! I'm so with you on this one.

Just done 2 slow 3.5ks this week after a month on the IC with the back injury. Gonna try to stretch it up to 5k over the weekend but no pressure - last thing we want is to go back in the IC!

Have a great weekend!

1 like

Thanks, and you, might try 5k tomorrow morning x

1 like

You may also like...