Trying park run at last, scorchio! - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K

12,552 members β€’ 16,320 posts

Trying park run at last, scorchio!

grumpyoldgirl
grumpyoldgirl
β€’20 Replies

Sorry no photo, computer says no πŸ™„ It was hot and hilly, CP2 was just ahead of me all the way, I forgot to start my watch, and I forgot that I now own trail shoes so wore my normal ones (which were fine as it goes). So, no idea of my time yet, and I walked bits of the hill, but very proud to have finished it, because just a few days ago, I was feeling too ill to run past 4k! I'm hoping that's the last of the colds but I'm only going to whisper it in case the cold fairy is listening. She hasn't been my friend this month. Anyway, a beautiful setting, the biggest parkrun I've attended yet, bumped into some friends and met some of cp2's for tea and cake afterwards πŸ˜‹ Ps. I DID remember to feed next door's cats before I went, so that's a plus! 🐈🐈

20 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

That's TRING park run, doh!

JonathanP
JonathanPGraduate10 in reply to grumpyoldgirl

Sounds like it was a bit trying!πŸ˜‹ Well done anywayπŸ˜€

πŸ˜‚ thanks JP, that made me laugh!

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

Well done grumpyoldgirl. It was a warm one today, and you did hills!. Great that you could meet up with Couchpotato too.

I have problems remembering to stop the watch so I’m half way down the funnel before I remember!

πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

grumpyoldgirl
grumpyoldgirl in reply to Dexy5

Thanks dexy, my time is in, I did 37.39 which is frankly astonishing given how I was feeling 😁I think it helped having CP2 ahead, I kept her in sight at the end, and her friend was just ahead too, so nice to finish all together (more or less) 😊

Beachcomber66
Beachcomber66Graduate10

Very well done grumps and nice time too. Will try to follow your example next week. I think that I have found a nice easy flat course, although that will speed everybody I suppose.......I think that remembering to start and stop my watch will be the biggest problem with loads of people milling about.

Hope the course works out, I can't help with the watch, operator error is my biggest problem 😁

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10

Well done GOG! Glad you had fun today. I just volunteered and got very hot even doing that. Bet you’re relieved you’re feeling better and got to run today! πŸ˜€

The volunteers were looking a little warm at our run too cheeky! πŸŒžπŸ˜“ I think relieved is the word, it was nice to have that feeling that I'd be able to get around it somehow or other 😊

Sandie1961
Sandie1961Graduate10

Well done grumpyoldgirl. Great time and so lovely to meet up with friends. I know what you mean about the dreaded cold - I’m over a week in and still can’t shake it off. Mind you, I’m also in northern Spain so wasn’t intending to parkrun today in any case!

You're getting around, Sandie! These colds are so pesky, aren't they- they seem to be gone, then you get another rubbish couple of days. Hope you get a decent run in soon.

Sandie1961
Sandie1961Graduate10 in reply to grumpyoldgirl

Worst one I’ve had for years - still spend ages blowing my nose and clearing my throat, but it doesn’t help. And I still can’t smell or taste anything 😫

😷 think you need a ((hug))πŸ€—

That’s some PR GOG after being poorly. Well done on getting out there as it would have been easy to miss it.

Thanks wimborne, I only decided the day before, I'm so glad I did 😊

I have only ever done 1 PR. And got overtaken by 3 daschounds. Seriously. They don’t even have proper legs.

πŸ˜‚ Things can only get better!

πŸ˜‚ one can only hope...

Maybe do it on all 4? Gog pointed out that it’s bad being taken over by people that could be your grandchildren but I said it is definitely worse the other way!

The kids definitely didn't like being overtaken by the oldies!

You may also like...