Bridge to 10K
8,152 members โ€ข 9,848 posts

Stop telling me what to do๐Ÿ˜„

I finished C25K two weeks ago and Iโ€™ve enjoyed pootling along at my own pace. On Friday I got lost - well not exactly lost, a footpath was closed so I carried on and then realised the paths were going the wrong way๐Ÿค”. So I back tracked and when I got home I found Iโ€™d gone over 7.5k (it was meant to be a 4k run). It was my longest run but I was fine and really enjoyed it. Yesterday I thought Iโ€™d try the stepping stone podcast and, disregarding the music ๐Ÿ˜, I found that I think Iโ€™m fed up with someone telling me what to do in my earhole ๐Ÿ˜‚. C25K was great but thatโ€™s enough school time for me ๐Ÿ˜„. Itโ€™s ju-juโ€™s plan all the way for me now (thatโ€™s easy to say cos I havenโ€™t even started yetโ˜บ๏ธ).

11 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Oh Youโ€™ll be fine with Ju Ju

Have fun ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Good luck, its a fun program...I put a chart up on my fridge and ticked the runs off as I did them..Very satisfying.

๐Ÿ˜Šx

1 like

It's a great programme and you will do it fine, having done 7k already.

1 like

I hate those NHS+ podcasts so much. I've tried them several times but find them genuinely unbearable. The woman sounds laconic and patronising, and the music makes my skin crawl, and occasionally laugh out loud. Just needed to vent. Sorry. As you were.

Careful Sqkr, Laura (the voice!) is on HealthUnlocked ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค!!!!

2 likes

Well I'm afraid she's not terribly motivating for me... I'm clearly in the minority though! But it's the music that makes me rage mostly. It makes me want to tear my ears off.

1 like

Yes I didnโ€™t enjoy them either I have short legs and it wasnโ€™t the right speed for me and the musics naff. So I just listen to my own music and run I followed ju ju plan itโ€™s great x

1 like

Also looked at them yesterday but couldnโ€™t stand the music. Juju for me and my own intervals on run 1.

1 like

Oh I definitely like Laura. I chat back to her.

4 likes

Donโ€™t tell me what to do! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

An oldie but a goody ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Yes Iโ€™m fed up with the voice now too. The reminders are annoying and too frequent! Iโ€™ve just got 1k pace updates on MapMyFitness instead. Well done. Juju for me too.

1 like

You may also like...