Bridge to 10K
7,416 members8,932 posts

10k plan completed!!

Hi! So pleased to have completed Ju-Ju’s plan this morning! Thank you so much as I couldn’t have done it without the structure! I had my route all planned as I did it last week too although today was so much hotter!

It just shows how my fitness is improving with each run as I actually did it faster and I thought I was going much slower! I didn’t look at my phone until I got to my starting point thinking I’d have to go further but I’d done 10k!

I’m going to keep up with running 2 or 3 times a week and looking forward to exploring new routes. I don’t really feel like going much further at this point but then again I said that after I did 5K!!

Just hope my red face calms down a bit!! 😀🏃‍♀️

38 Replies
oldestnewest

That is fantastic!! Well done. I’ve just started the plan do hope to have as happy a face as yours by the end. Mine will be redder though 😉

3 likes

Thank you! Good luck with your plan! I found it just what I needed as I was stuck at 5 k for ages! Completing this has given me such confidence!! My face was much redder immediately after run!! I was shocked when I looked in mirror!!! 😀

2 likes

Well done, it is a good distance to be able to do.

2 likes

Thank you! Yes I feel very pleased with myself !😀

2 likes

Fantastic.. well done :)

Make sure to keep getting the 10k runs in now though to consolidate on the distance, it's so easy to let it slide and then 10k feels like a mountain again.

2 likes

Thank you! Yes I’ll try! It was a bit of a mountain at times!!

How often do most people run 10k? Is once a week too much? 😀

Entirely up to you. I have only done 10k three times and then have done 12 and 15. I'd say at least every 2 to 3 weeks but every week would be excellent if you have the time, just give yourself some time off every few weeks. I still find it quite daunting myself, ie I feel like I have to prepare for that distance rather than just do it.

Well done Sara that's a brilliant acheivement 😊....and on a hot day too😎

Ju ju's plan is great isn't it... 😊x

1 like

Thank you! I know even up here in Scotland it was hot although I did go out reasonably early! Think I need to look into getting vest top and perhaps shorts!!

Yes it’s a brilliant plan and I can always repeat it if need be!!!😀

1 like

Thats what I did😆..I had a little break with some 30 minute runs then just worked my way up to 10k again...

Vest top and shorts...in Scotland!😄xx

2 likes

Dazzle folk with my white legs!!!! 😂

2 likes

CONGRATULATIONS ☺ ☺ ☺☺☺

2 likes

Thank you!!! 😀

1 like

nice one!

2 likes

Thank you!! 😀

Am jumping up and down Im so excited for you! Well, actually Im slobbed out on the sofa watching Escape to the Country,but Im jumping up and down in my mind. Well done!!! So please for you! Xx

1 like

Aww thank you!! I’ve been sat out on my sun lounger!! (Rarely gets an outing!) reading my book!!

It was lovely and relaxing until a big bumble bee 🐝 came along and I think I did another 10k dancing around to avoid it!!! I’m sure my neighbours think I’m crazy!! 😂

1 like

That made me smile. The bumbly bee wont hurt you 🐝 (actually that looks like wasp ... ). Ive been in the garden too. Saturday we’re back to rain. Boo...

1 like

I know but it was huge and it kept circling my chair! Normally I sit still and they fly away but it wouldn’t go so I jumped up and it followed me!!! Rain here Sunday on my next day off!!!

1 like

Was probably a queen. Oh, rain for you too, but a day later than us. Never mind, sunny later next week 🌞🌞🌞

That's brilliant ... very well done! 10k is a long way isn't it!

Before you know it I'm sure you'll be running further ... good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Happy running!

1 like

Thank you!! Yes I have a feeling I just might go a wee bit further!!! 😀

1 like

A fantastic achievement that deserves such a brilliant smiley face! Well done to you!

1 like

Thank you!! It feels brilliant to have come so far! 😀

That’s exciting! I’m moving onto that next week. Scary! Go for the half marathon!

1 like

Oh goodness i can’t imagine covering that distance! And I was thinking today how can anyone do a full marathon especially in that heat!!?😀

What a brilliant achievement - well done! Am hoping it will be me soon. 😊

1 like

Thank you! I’m sure it will be soon! It’s a great feeling !! 😀

Congratulations!

Fantastic Sarah, well done 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🥇🏆

1 like

Thank you! 😀

1 like

wow what a happy face :-) so lovely to see - well done!

hoping to get to a 10 K myself within the next 8 weeks or so... have regularly managed 6.5 K to max of 8K in the last few weeks so sure it won't be long before I post my red-faced photo too! ;-)

Aww thank you! Yes I’m sure you’ll soon be there! Once I’d done 8K ,10k didn’t seem much further!! 😀

Well done ! I just finished it this evening as well 👍🏼😊

1 like

Oh well done!! That’s brilliant! It’s a great feeling and achievement!!

I thought I might feel a bit lost without a “plan” to follow now but quite the opposite! It’s given me a new lease of confidence and I’m happy running whatever distance I want to now! (Up to 10k !! )I’m going to start really enjoying new routes and taking it easy stopping to take photos etc! No desire to increase distance yet!! 😀👍🏃‍♀️

1 like

I feel exactly the same about running any distance now upto 10K . I will also be looking for new routes as yesterday I ran round my local nature reserve 7 times 🤣 to get to 10K.

Looking forward to hearing about your running 😊

1 like

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

1 like

It’s the red face of a champion, wear it with pride xxx

You may also like...