Bridge to 10K
5,785 members6,467 posts

Possibly the longest run of my life

Not really, it just felt like it!! 33 mins on the treadmill, I defo had a faster pace but today there was no joy in the run. I was gutted when I realised I’d only done 15 mins! My head definitely dominated this run.

I love the distraction of outside running but that just couldn’t happen today.

Next time... I’m going ouuuuuttttt 🏃🏼‍♀️🌳🐄 x

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Yip me too not the same on treadmill

1 like

Noooo wayyyy 😩

I always find treadmill runs soooooo much harder than the hardest outside runs. It takes extreme weather outside to relegate me to using the damn hamster wheel 😂

1 like

I think that to make treadmill running a bit easier , we have to "play" on it a little - just continuous running at a constant pace is extremely boring for me . I find that the treadmill is good for HR training. So, for example, I will do whatever pace/incline it takes to get me to a certain HR for a 10 minute period - then I will bump it up by 10BPM for another 10 minutes and then up another level for the final 10 minutes. From about 15 minutes onwards I start to get "cardio drift" - a slow increase in BPM as I start to dehydrate a little - that takes some playing with the controls to keep at whatever rate I am aiming for.

2 likes

Wow! Sounds great, definitely something I’d have to work on!!

What a shame, felt like today was the most glorious day of the year so far outside.

2 likes

It was annoying and this weekend we’re back to snow 🙄😩

I was out there today, getting toasty and shedding layers 😃👍

2 likes

You have got until 08 May to sort that British weather out - when I arrive! :)

1 like

Send us good weather vibes please! I keep doing a sun dance but to no avail 🌞🤣

After last weeks drop to only 28C on some days, I thought that finally Summer might be over - but it's back up to 31C this week again!! :(

1 like

Commonwealth Games starts here in a few weeks - April last year brought a cyclone and very bad flooding - it's all up to the weather gods now!!

goo.gl/Sz2sYc

1 like

Those pesky weather gods...she says as she puts her thermal vest on!!

Ouch

Bu**er! It’s snowing again 🙄

1 like

Stupid snow 😩

I go out in it as it’s generally just nuisance value rather than dangerous. It was quite hairy the other week cos of drifting but I waited a few days til the worst was over and then hit the road

Yak-trax are good to go over your trainers for when there is appreciable snow fall or ice 🙂

1 like

Oooo thanks! I’ll have a look at those 👍🏻

I feel your pain. I did 5k on my little treadmill yesterday. I can't go very fast or I fall off it as it's so small. Boredom doesn't come close to describing how I feel. 1k takes forever. And I sweat buckets on my head and neck, which I never do outside.

1 like

Not sure I’ll be outside today either! ❄️😩

1 like

I think, looking at the 10 day forecast, that it will have melted round about Thursday if we're lucky, just in time for more snow over next weekend!

1 like

Hooray 🙄 roll on spring 🌷💐

1 like

Yep, it’s a right royal pain. Everything stops here when it snows: post, deliveries to shops.

1 like

It is frustrating (that’s the polite version!!) 🤬🤣

1 like

You may also like...