Bridge to 10K
6,153 members6,875 posts

Oh dear, struggling!!!

So frustratingly my asthma has flared up and I am back on a short sharp course of steroids and a new inhaler.

I went out this evening for a run with no intention of doing more than 5k but couldn't manage it and had to stop after just 2k.

I think I am just going to have to reign in my legendary impatience and build back up gradually

Will try a gentle 3k on Thursday and see how it goes. Then maybe add on 1k with each run.

Run happy, run safe.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry to hear of your struggles Chris! You've done so well to this point so don't let this blip get you down. Get your asthma under control and then you'll be pounding the pavement in no time again.

2 likes

Thanks so much, frustrating!!

1 like

We have our off days Chris, you’ll get through it and come back strong 🏃🏃

Take care 😊

2 likes

Thanks so much Ted

1 like

Chris... what next!

This is really testing your patience...but you will do this... I am repeating C25K and some days think .. just run...but.. I'm taking it steady :)

You stay well my friend x

2 likes

Thanks Floss, the frustrating thing is the GP can't find a reason for the flare up, I am just going to try and increase very steadily and if it turns into a longer run its a bonus.

Just take care xx

1 like

Sorry to hear of your struggles. A fellow asthma sufferer I know how a flare up can set you back.

Hope it's not too long before you are back on track.

Thanks so much

1 like

Oh Chris, sorry to hear this, and hope the steroids get it under control quickly. Feel well soon. x

Thanks so much Sadie

Hope you feel better soon and are able to get out there and run run run!.......

Happy running and stay safe🏃‍♂️😀😀

1 like

Sorry to hear about the asthma. Hope it gets back under control for you. Try not to stress about it affecting your running as i'm sure you will be back on it and at full chat before you know it. I'm currently having to be humble and listen to my body too as my calves are letting me down a bit as well as my noggin but I know it will pass :)

1 like

Thanks mate, it's frustrating, I'm going to just build it back up gradually unless the steriid tablets work a miracle, 3k tomorrow. 🤞

Sorry to hear that Chris. I sympathise: I mentioned elsewhere that my asthma has flared over last few days too. I hope you get back to full tilt soon. Take care.

1 like

I know, it's very annoying isn't it, I hope once we finally get some warmer weather that will help

1 like

Wonder if the buff over the breathing holes strategy some folk find helpful might work for you?

1 like

You may also like...