Bridge to 10K
6,536 members7,300 posts

Wk5 long run 9k

Wk5 long run 9k

Set out a bit a later tonight as I got held up trying to get out of a car park for an hour due to a broken down semi blocking the road. So almost didn't go as I was a bit stressed.

But glad I did as I had a great run where it just seemed to be very fluid and the kilometres just seemed to tick by. As I was running there and back tonight I set my mark at 5k as i didn't want to have to keep checking my watch for 4.5k(watches bips on the 1k mark), so it was almost inevitable that I'd end up doing 10k if the legs said yes.

And yes they did indeed. So the little aardvark that could gets to step up on the big podium and say woohoo! i'm a runner :)

Will use the next few weeks to consolidate and repeat the 10k as prep for my 10k race entry in April.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Yippee! Thats fab😊...I thought you were on the 9k!

Great time and sounds like a smashing run...

Well done and Congratulations thats a great acheivement for a little aardvark 😊xx

1 like

Thanks, yes was meant to be 9k but it's just so close.. what's a 1000m between friends :)

1 like

Well done Pink, great job and a good time 🎓

It’s been going thru my mind whether to do the 10k on Sunday if I’m up to it 🤔

We’ll see 😊

Good luck on your 10k race

2 likes

Hehe, a lot of thoughts went through my mind on whether to keep going for the 10k, but when I got there I felt quite fresh and actually upped my speed for the last 10k and powered into the last 100m, not something that happens with all runs.. my 4k 2 days ago I was chuffing like a steam engine near the end. Hope you have a great run regardless of distance, I almost stopped at 9.99 just so I can savour next week more.. que sera

2 likes

Brilliant- fantastic achievement

2 likes

Thankyou, you'll be there soon too once you are done with the skiing. So jealous as I haven't been boarding for a couple of years and now I have to wait for the little guy to be old enough to come along.. ho hum

1 like

Thankfully no injuries yet so I just need to make sure I get into the routine of running again. Will take it gently to start to give my knees and thighs a chance to readjust.

You’ll be back on the slopes on no time.

Well done and a brilliant time

2 likes

Congratulations pink, brilliant run. Step up to the podium runner 🏅

2 likes

Thankyou, it looks good from up here. I will savour it as I reckon there will be a few more joining me in short measure :)

2 likes

Hey well done - inspiring and I hope to get there myseflf one day soon!

1 like

Thanks, and you will. It's a really good program, are you going to do it when ju-ju starts up again(soon I think)

1 like

I am - I did the C25K programme and regularly run 5K, but I'm keen to start upping the distance (particularly as I've signed up for Great South Run 10 miler in October!)

Well done Sir: that is super impressive...great run.

1 like

Congratulations, Pink. Wow, well done you! That's a super-impressive and inspiring run. Enjoy the view from the 10k podium and your shiny new badge - you deserve it ...

1 like

Nice one! Onwards!

Nice work PA! Great time too! It's nice when a run just comes together like that.

You may also like...