Bridge to 10K
6,809 members β€’ 7,619 posts

Im feeling good!!

I am feeling good today! January is generally a bad running month for motivation but I am doing ok with my hm training (up to 9.6 miles). I have joined a local running group who have been lovely. In fact, today one of the group paced 4 of us at parkrun to get a sub 30 minute. At about 2k, whilst dodging people and puddles, I managed to get ahead of our pacer who shouted for me to go for it. For the rest of the run I had images of them catching me up especially on the hill but alas no. I came in at 28.33, a new pb (last pb 30.06). I was a little teary as my 2018 goals after my brother died was to get cardiac testing (all clear so far), a sub 30 home 5k parkrun and to run a hm. I am yet to do the hm, that is a challenge! I have also now run 50 miles in January for my virtual challenge. Yes today it feels good!.

13 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Way to go H, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That change of name to run-faster last year was the right thing to do for sure.

The HM is within your grasp, you can do it!

Keep on looking after you and yours xxxxx

1 like

Thank you! At school cross country the teacher was always shouting 'run faster H' so I guess it has stuck. The teacher would be mightily surprised at how far I have come now lol.

1 like

You are doing brilliantly! πŸ˜„

Whoop whoop on all counts! Well done on the PB, that's fab and great news on the heart testing. That must be such a relief for you.

It sounds as if your HM training is going brilliantly. When's the race?

1 like

I am relieved about the cardiac tests although it gives us no answers to why my brother had a cardiac arrest.

The hm is on April 22 so a little more time for training! I do find 10 miles a slog at the moment so I shall have to either strengthen my legs more or find some extra grit to achieve 13 miles!

1 like

Great start to the year - really pleased for you and I can understand why that new pb made you feel emotional. You are on target for your HM too - well done!☺

1 like

Thank you. I hope the hm training continues to progress ok.

I'm afraid I decided not to enter the one in March.πŸ˜• My weekday running has been difficult due to work and building work at home which has frequently left me with no time to squeeze in runs. I didn't feel I could commit to the training sadly. I try to run after work twice a week when I can and then a 10k at the weekends on my lovely trails, which is keeping things ticking over. Once I have a little more time again, I will be on the hunt for my next HM! Following the injury I had last summer, I do find my left leg still 'tires' more easily so am happy with how things are...for now!☺

1 like

Sometimes life takes over doesn't. But you are still getting out and maintaining your running fitness. There will be more chances for a hm in the future when you have the ideal conditions to commit to training. My training had gone ok so far but I will have a couple of weeks in Australia where my distances will suffer hugely. I am hoping I can still pull it off in the 4-5 wks after we return.

Wonderful RFD! Great news on the heart health and congratulations on the PB! That HM has your name on it πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘Š

1 like

Thanks Decker, I am still plodding along on my training plan!

1 like

Fantastic! so glad things are going well for you, a strong runner and an even stronger person :)

1 like

Thank you aliboo. I am really trying to work on my goals!

You may also like...