Bridge to 10K
5,365 members5,911 posts

Post Xmas and post Flu blinder of a week

I was really ill before and over XMas with flu and also ran little through December thanks to an ankle problem so with two 10K runs coming up I thought it was time to get back on the horse.

I am over the moon with how it went this week having done a gentle 10K on Wednesday in 1:14 and this morning managing a new 5k PB at 26:45.... the goal before my runniversary at the end of April is a 25min 5k 👍

I never would have thought this possible when I started C25K 8 months ago.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow, congratulations on the new PB - seriously fast! - and on getting back into your program. At this rate you are bound to get that 25 min target.

Brilliant! Excellent results. Glad you are better.

1 like

Well done! Fantastic 5k PB time and glad that you are back out there and feeling so good!🙂

1 like

Wow well done! I've had the flu / cold since 22 Dec and haven't been running, I hope I'll get back to it as well as you have (sadly much much slower!)

1 like

Good stuff Cliff! Take care with the ankle still though...

Thanks Dave. I’m still being very defensive of it and making sure I wear a support. It’s certainly feeling better if not strong.

Wow, I’m in awe of your PB, I can’t get below 27mins.

Sounds like you’re well on your way to smashing those 10k events. Go you...

1 like

Thanks Razouski, looking forward to the 10k’s, the one in Richmond in March will be my first ‘official’ 10K

1 like

You may also like...