Bridge to 10K

New route, new tech and WHOOPS a trip up, ouch!!

New route, new tech and WHOOPS a trip up, ouch!!

What a difference a day makes....yesterday snow on the hills here in Somerset and a very chilly wind. Today a glorious day, sun out, dry and only a little breeze. I set off with Squiggs with a route in mind but it was such a lovely morning and we were having such a great time I decided to go further than originally intended! I love exploring new routes 😊 I used Runkeeper as usual but unfortunately noticed about 3k that it wasn't working so had to restart it! BUT I also had a lovely Christmas present - a Garmin watch which I needed to try out! I had read the instructions and pressed what I thought were the correct buttons but when I looked at it later (with my glasses on 😉) it said no runs recorded! However it did say 16km for the total distance travelled so taking off the warm up walk I reckon it was about a 13k run 😄

The route went along a pavement by a main road then down a lane to the beach. The terrain included pavement, muddy tracks, sand and grass. I was enjoying myself......just a bit further.....

Checking my new watch I realised the time and had to quicken my pace (hubby would be wondering where I was!). I was nearly back to the hotel when I lost concentration for a moment......whoops, tripped over Squiggy and down onto the pavement with quite a bump! Luckily only a few grazes but felt a bit shaken and was a bit worried because I felt my head touch the pavement! 🤕 I think the saying 'Less haste, more speed' is probably appropriate!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Gosh Sue!! A long and very beautiful route... but what a finale!

I am glad you are okay... we just do not fall in the same way that we did when younger!

My Nan's favourite saying to me, was, "Less Haste, more Speed"... :) That is maybe why I am always saying, Slow and Steady!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and take care if you head out again.. after that distance you deserve a rest! :) Wow!!!! x

1 like

Ahh, thank you for your concern Floss 😊 Yes, the finale was a bit painful and embarrassing in front of a family and other pedestrians 🙃 We are having a lovely time seeing all the family. I hope you also had a good festive period.

1 like

We did thank you.. still having a good time....12 days of... :)

Enjoy x

1 like

Sounds like a brilliant run except the trip. Hope you're not feeling too bruised 🏃‍♀️

1 like

It was a great run, just a few grazes luckily (and hurt pride 😉).

Ouch - I fell over someone at our local Santa run recently - looked round to check on a friends son who was running with us and fell over the person in front of me!!! Hope you are ok and didn't hurt yourself too badly - springers!! :) Harry sends hugs.

1 like

Thanks for the hugs Harry 🐾🐾😄 I hope you were ok after your fall.

That sounds a fabulous run! Great to run at the seaside! Interested in your dog’s name “Squigg”, as we had a pony whose stable name was Squiggle. Is that your dog’s name?

1 like

He was given the name Squiggles by the children in his first home because he has a white squiggle on his back! We call him Squiggs or MR Squiggs now he is three, sounds a bit more grown up!

Yes, it was a great run - I loved it (well except the close encounter with the pavement!)

You may also like...