Bridge to 10K
8,167 members โ€ข 9,853 posts

Full hour run today (more or less)

This time was almost all running with a 1 min walk break in between sets. :) Distance today was 9.86km. Not quite 10, but closer than before. The second last 5k were killers and then it got easier in the last 5 (maybe the endorphins were cascading by that point). I'm a bit surprised in this second last week at the jumps: Monday was two 22 min sets, Wed was two 25 min sets and today was two 30 min sets. Friday will be 60 min straight. I guess they are within acceptable ranges as they are part of the C210 program :). On to 60 minute Friday!

16 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Oooooh...........you can almost touch it, Decker!

I think you showed incredible restraint by not pushing on to the 10k on this run.

Any day now............

2 likes

I really wanted to keep going, but both your words and Floss' words of wisdom prevailed! :)

1 like

Im generally a 'stick with the rules' kinda girl..... but I would have struggled to stop so so close! Well done , you are there for sure!

1 like

I struggled too but the shins were starting to get painful at the very end so that helped make the decision๐Ÿ˜€

Great decision, very disciplined. Great run ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป

1 like

Brilliant Decker.

Not long now. Wishing you luck for Friday. Go you...

Anazing stuff this distance running๐Ÿ˜Šx

1 like

Thank you Jan, yes it certainly is ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Well done Decker

1 like

Thanks mate!

1 like

Fantastic Decker. Very well done. Nice solid Pace too. Best wishes for Friday.

1 like

Thanks Damien. One day at a time right?

1 like

Well done! That ten K is within spitting distance!

1 like

Thank you, yes, hoping to crack it this week or next

Nearly there!!

1 like

yes - hopefully not far now

Well done! Good idea to stop if your shins were sore. If you'd carried on your next 10k would have been a while away, until you recovered. This way, you'll be there very soon!

You may also like...