Another day another run

Well I once again forgot to turn my @#**% watch on record until 5min in, but I did manage to finish week 12 of 14 in the C210k program...WHAAAATT??? yes not far now πŸ˜€ Assuming all goes well.

I run through a nearby cemetery in the mornings now as they have lovely winding paths looped so I can just go round and round and confuse the squirrels. Starting to say hello to many of the staff now too as I am becoming a regular. I'm the one playing air guitar and drums when my tunes come on my ear buds :) They must think I am bonkers!

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one playing drums while they run. I've also been known to sing when I run alone - if I'm pushing too hard, it slows me down to a "conversational" pace. It sucks when I think I'm on an isolated road and belt out Doug & the Slugs Day by Day only to see people hiking up in the hills 😬 . Oh well. Do what you gotta do to get through the run. I keep my tunes on shuffle so it's a pleasant surprise when a favourite song comes on. I can't help myself πŸ˜†πŸŽΆ

• I forgot all about that song! Adding that tonight! So far my fave tracks are Still Breathing by Green Day and this morn I added "All My Life" by the Foo Fighters which I replayed twice. I was singing too but mostly in my head. Tho sometimes its hard to tell if you are singing out loud. ☺️ Got a dirty look from an old fella walking and said "mornin" anyway

• It's a great inspirational song. It got me through many a crazy long training power walk 2 years a go when I did the Queen City Marathon Walk. I often got through my entire playlist then. Now with my 30 minute runs on shuffle, it's always a pleasant surprise. Tried running with out music last weekend because I was on call and had to carry my work phone. I ran faster than my usual pace but was not very enjoyable. I really don't enjoy listening to myself huff and puff . My favourite song tends to depend on my mood of the day - sometimes it's a sappy love song, next might be an old rock song, or some independent pop song. My playlist is quite eclectic. Every now and then I do have to skip a song, if I doesn't fit the mood.

• The old men I passed today were all very pleasant but I'm pretty sure the teenaged boys I passed were mimicking my huffing and puffing. Another good reason to keep the tunes cranked. I'd rather not know!

• Haha. Exactly. I usually run early and all the teens are still in bed I think!

• Yes I was doing the same while training for a community run. I was told we could not wear headphones so I trained with no music for a few weeks. It was nice but I like my music too much! I did the same thing too with no music - ran too fast and had to search for tunes to slow me down so I could manage the longer distances (anything over 7k is long for me right now) but its working great with a 150 bpm playlist I put together.

• Well done Decker. Your doing great. I got out yesterday evening and started increasing distance again. Got up to 6.2 km. I'll go for 7 km next week. I was running to Rap music over the last 2 months. I'm over it now. πŸ˜€ The teenagers would definitely be laughing at me if I tried to sing along to F&Β£k the Police by NWA.

I'm back to listening to daily mix on Spotify. I like not knowing what comes next. Spotify must learn to play music for your taste as all the tracks were fantastic.

• Nice Damien! Glad to hear you are back at it again on distance. The music is a huge factor and making the playlists is a blast too. I am remembering songs I had completely forgotten about. I've not tried rap yet, but I was running to reggae in the c25 early weeks and that was fun and surprisingly relaxing too.

• Some of the beats in Rap are great for running to. And some of the rude explicit lyrics make me smile too. Keeps your mind off the pain.πŸ˜€

• Lol I bet they would. Maybe I'll put a "rap list" together. The closest I have now are the DJ Danger mouse Grey album and some tracks by the Beastie Boys. I should dig up some Pogues too on a completely non-rap related note.

• I dreamt last night I forgot to put my Garmin watch on for a marathon race 😱 πŸ˜€

Music certainly helps keep us out there running and lyrics can really lift a flagging runner. I sing and dance on my trail as there's usually just me and a few cows or sheep listening. I was running to Freebird the other day and freaked out a bit to that one πŸ˜ƒ

I like that Beastie boys one, Fight for your right to party 😁 I do a cool down walk to Pogues, love you til the end which is in the bridge to 10k programme, as is green day track- Nice guys finish last, and a Foofighters one, I forget which πŸ™‚

• No watch for a marathon would be bad! 😬

As for singing and air guitar I'm glad I'm not the only one! Getting lots of ideas for music tracks now! Went and grabbed a new batch of tunes last night. When I am flagging I put on Still Breathing and I am back in it πŸ˜€ Have the Pogues "If I should fall from grace..." in there too now. And "Too bad" by doug and the slugs from a few years back. So many options. Haven't even touched the 70's yetπŸ˜€!

• Ha ha....that brings a whole new meaning to coffin dodger!!!! Made me chuckle πŸ˜‚

• Lol had to look that one up! πŸ˜‚ I haven't seen any actual coffins yet but if I did I think I would just quietly turn around and boot it outta there double speed!

• πŸ‘»πŸ‘€

• Great to be bonkers isn't it:) Well done you...

• It is indeed! Thanks Floss for everything...

You may also like...