Another glorious day ..... just had to run on and on!

Another glorious day ..... just had to run on and on!

After a long, tiring week at work and a lovely 10k last Tuesday I decided I only needed a little jog this afternoon. So I set off from home along the pavement into the village, past the shop and onto a single track road through open common grazing land. I run along at a steady, well slowish ;) pace, breathing is fine. The weather is beautiful, wonderfully warm sunshine and hardly any wind. So warm that I have to tie my jacket round my waist! The run out has views of snowy mountains and the way back views of the sea - how lucky I am! So with amazing weather and wonderful views I just had to run on and on! So I keep going along the road until Runkeeper said 5k, time to turn around? Maybe a little further.... then at 6k I thought, time to retrace my steps. A bit of a twinge in my right leg but mostly feeling good. I eventually arrive back home .... my 'little jog' ends up a 12k - whoop, whoop πŸ˜€

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Beautiful countryside, beautiful run!

• You did great Sue. On nice days I sooooo envy you your surroundings :)

• Just have to take advantage of the good weather when we get it. Today it is a very different story - rain, wind, cold and cannot see the mountains due to thick low cloud!

• Wow, what a great place to run Sue.😊

Fantastic distance, well done to you, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. xxx

• Thank you, yes it was really good to increase the distance - second ever longest run!

• That looks so beautiful

• I am very lucky! :)

• What a great result and what a stunning place to run in.

• Thank you, I am pleased with the distance!

You may also like...