Tired but Happy

A big THANK YOU to all you inspiring people who have been pushing me and pulling me along. I set off today at a 'sustainable pace' and ran slowly , listening to my audio book (Any Human Heart by William Boyd- Highly recommended as a long run buddy). The final hill nearly did for me but I kept going and (I can't really believe this) I ran for 10K.

Sitting here with yoghurt, fruit and nuts and a cup of tea and a very silly smile on my face :)

27 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations on the 10k! I bet you will be grinning all day and quite rightly so.

• Thank you. Smiling is the only thing that doesn't ache!

• Well done on your 10k - it's a great distance and really satisfying to run. Here's to many more!πŸ™‚

• Indeed. 5 months ago I didn't run at all!

• Thanks for posting this. Nowhere near my 5k yet but encouraging to see a newbie runner getting up to 10k after such a short time. Still not sure if 10k is where I want to be .. but given me some food for thought.

• The first of many! Well done. The first one is special.

• Thanks It feels great

• A big well done Helen. Next you'll be entering races πŸ€—

• Hmmmm. Maybe πŸ˜‚

• The only reason I upped the distance to 10K was to enter races for bling. I've become a bit of a bling slut since πŸ˜πŸ…

• I just worry they'd be packing up by the time I finished πŸ˜‚

• Nah! And so what? You'd still have your bling πŸ…

• πŸ˜‚

• Fantastic acheivement Helenwheels..did you know there is a badge for that😊xx

• Thanks Jan,. Your run was one of my reasons for pushing myself so thank you for posting

I have asked for badge😁

• Ha, you ran TWICE as far as meπŸ˜…..

Well done πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰

• But you ran it mindfully and I loved the post, so that was what I wanted to do too

• There is now a big smile on my face :) Well done you! :)

• Thanks IJ. I am now drinking a glass of celebratory merlot. Yum 🍷

Good job with th grouting too πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

• Well done! Best distance to nail! You can continue to go a little bit further each week πŸ™‚

IP is right about racing πŸ™‚ It's FUN πŸ…

• Thank you MissW That's the plan (the distance not the racing :) )

• Congratulations Helenwheels! Oh what a great feeling that must be! I'm still at the 8k stage,so I just can't wait to get to 10k. There is so many hills and incline where I live so it is taking a it longer than I'd hoped!

Anyhoo well done you !πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• Thank you very much Peggy59 :) we all have our own journeys to take but I am sure that your slow and steady approach will pay off with years of safe running ahead. Bast**d hills!

• Fantastic! Well done - 10k is a lovely distance :)

• Thank you Anniemurph

Its quite a long way isn't it!

• Only just found this post......very well done! Are you still smiling!

• Thank you Skyesue. Well its been a tough week and no running has been possible :( I was feeling quite fed up but decided to re-appraise and take the week off as a 'running holiday'. Back out there tomorrow for a slow and steady 5k. I cant wait!

You may also like...