First Post

Good morning all,

This is my first post here on Bridge to 10k. I graduated C25K on the 22nd of June. Since then I've been running 3 times a week and doing Parkruns. Just concentrating on 5k at the moment. My aim is to break 5K in under 30 mins and be comfortable with that pace before I move on to 10k. My current PB time at my local Parkrun is 31:04. I just last night entered my first 5k road race which is in 2 weeks time. I'm looking forward to the new experience.

I plan to start training for 10K distance in the new year.

Damien

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Welcome to Bridge to 10K! You will see a few familiar faces here from Couch to 5K who have moved on to 10, and beyond! Well done on consolidating that 5k - and good luck in your race! When you are ready to start increasing your distance you will find lots of useful tips here.๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Yes indeed I recognise you all from the C25K forum. Thanks for all the support and advice through the 5k journey. Looking forward to getting to 10k some day.

• Hi there... you will know, as Sandraj39 says, quite a few of us... we are friendly, supportive, full of good ideas too and we rock!

Consolidate those 30 mins... try varying your distances and routes too maybe... a short slightly faster, and along, see how far you get run:)

Keep posting for lots of great ideas to move you on.. have you tried the C25K+ podcasts yet... useful for different disciplines in our running :)

• Thanks, yes that's my plan too so far. I'm trying to build my pace to 6:00 mins/km. I ran a 3km timed run last Tuesday at the running track. The local Athletics club run a 3k timed run on the last Tuesday of each month. I managed to hold that pace for 3km and got a time of 17:57.

I'll slowly start extending the 5k runs. And plan to train for 10k in the new year.

Looking forward to your advice.

• Hello there ๐Ÿ™‚ You have a good plan there. So many people rush to increase their distance very soon after graduating and then sadly we don't hear from them again!

You're building a running habit which is critical for extending distance and with each run you are becoming a stronger and fitter runner.

Good luck with the race. Is there bling? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Yes bling for the first 3 males and first 3 females across the line. Some bling too for the fastest team/club overall. I will be running as part of Navan AC, my local club. I will be happy to finish in a good time and each finisher receives a medal. I'll be happy to get a medal.๐Ÿ˜€

• Great! You know you have to post a photo of the bling? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Great plan, and well done on your 5k time, thats a great time and you have realistic goals too. I love this for getting my times down:

runnersworld.com/peak-perfo...

You may also like...