Look what arrived today!

Look what arrived today!

So it is official......race number plopped through the letter box today!

My plan to do a practice run on Sunday morning was a success and I had a beautiful morning for it. I had a light breakfast of quick porridge and a banana about an hour before my run and that seemed to work well. The only issue was a twinge and tightness in the right leg (where I had an injury last year) so I decided to stop and stretch a couple of times and that really helped. At 8k the gremlins started whispering 'still 5k to go, you won't do it' but I was determined not to listen to them. I noticed that my pace was steady around 7mins per kilometre despite the inclines and feeling tired at the end so I was pleased about that. Eventually I reached the home stretch, luckily slightly downhill and then I was home - 13.06! Hooray, feeling more confident about the race now ๐Ÿ˜€

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yeah, yeah, yeah! Sounds good Sue, exciting, you're going to be just fine ๐Ÿค—

Mx

• Oh thank you Madge! Feeling slightly more excited than nervous now! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Fantastic Sue... you will ...fly it ! :)

• Well not sure about fly but maybe beat my estimated time :)

• Fantastic run! You are going to have a great race, enjoy๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€

• Looking forward to all the excitement at the beginning, there will be lots of people there!

• Excellent! You're ready for it - bring it on!

• Thanks Annie :)

• Ooh exciting Sue ๐Ÿค— The practice run will give you a boost but you don't need it.

• Thanks Irishprincess, it was good for my confidence.

You may also like...