Weekly chat 2nd to 8th January πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£

Please feel free to share your runs here and chat about how it's all going, sometimes we don't feel like putting a whole post up but just want to share something small, so this is a great place for doing that during the week.

If your a lurker it is a great place to say a little hi without the pressure of a full post.

Wishing you all a happy healthy week.

Ju Ju

xx

18 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Happy new year to you all! I started in style with a full-scale tumble yesterday morning, now nursing two painful knees and scraped arms and hands. First 10k trail run on Saturday so I'd better be better soon.

• Oh no, sounds like super bad timing! Hope nothing too bruised, can just apply savlon and brave the trail on saturday :)

• No Savlon here, so I'll have to skip that bit.

• French savlon...? :)

• I'm a tough cookie. A French chemist would sell me a bag full of arnica and paracetamol. I just rub it with a bit of spit, stick any snapped-off limbs in my pocket, and get back on track.

• NOOOOO..! Horrid for you... take care you x

• Feeling better now, and gave The Pot Hole a wide berth yesterday :)

• I really dislike falling, now I have reached slightly more mature years!! :)

The lane up to the fields where I run has got all massive tree roots breaking though the pavement..I really go very steadily..and at night, when I am walking home from Little Mum's.. it is treacherous. !

Still..it doesn't stop us does it :)

• That's it - the fear of falling is a sign that we recognise the fact that we're getting older, and that stung more that the grazes. But as much as the fear that I wouldn't be able to run if I'd broken anything :D I've never broken anything, though, so fingers crossed it remains that way. The key seems to be remaining aware of the hazards and not dreaming, which I'm not very good at.

• .. I am the same.. but a tad wary now, after the incident of the ribs in the dark!

• oh no... take care....

• I have learned my lesson and am now being a bit less self-absorbed when I'm running.

• One run on Sunday... just a short 3K..but not a bad time :) Pleased with that..getting back onto the path! One run today.... 5K... old favourite route :)

• Respect for braving the icy cold today :)

• well done, that sounds lovely :)

• Alas..damp and milder here..so not cold...soggy πŸ˜ƒ

• Not a good start to 2017 - fell over in the shower on New Years Eve (before I had even had a drink!) which has resulted in badly bruised arm and ribs. Then woke up on New Years Day with streaming cold! So New Years running resolutions on hold for a week but itching to get back out there.

• Poor you. Hope the bruising feels better soon, and hope the cold doesn't turn into a cough or it could be painful :(

You may also like...