My goals

Schhhhh, I haven't had the guts to say this out loud before, but I have set a goal of reaching 100 km in November and running a sub-30 5km before New Years. And I have entered my first 10k race on 31 December.

The couch potato I was in March must be wondering what happenedโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ’ช

Edit: the 100k in November was inspired by aliboo70 who did 100 MILES in a month and got a monster medal. Superwoman!

Last edited by

33 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That couch potato ? Chipped and mashed!

Well done Iben... what a running journey!

So, so proud and pleased for you x

• Chipped and mashed indeed!

• Excellent goals! Sounds like you're on track to achieve all of them :)

• It is not going to be easy, particularly not the sub 30 5k, but I am going to give it my best shot!

• My sub 30 happened after I'd managed 10k a couple of times and it was while running with a friend at parkrun and with my boyfriend cheering me on. I suddenly chopped 3 mins off my pb, was absolutely bonkers. So you never know, it just takes a really good day for it to happen. And also really believing you can do it :) So keep believing :)

• Great goals Iben! I ran 85K in a month a couple of times, but I'm nowhere near sub 30 and suspect I never will be! Keep us posted!

• I reached 50 km yesterday, so I am on track with regards to the 100 k. But shaving time of the 5k time takes very, very intense interval training, and sometimes I just cannot convince myself to push that hard. I don't know if I can get there, but I am going to try!

• Yes ,i shouldn't wonder ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am in training for a December 10k. I think it's good to have a goal. The 10k training will help with your 5k speed training.

Good luck โ˜บ

• Yes, I agree. But my motivation is also deeply rooted in the social aspect of club running. I miss my running buddies if I skip a training ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Brilliant! And what an end to 2016 that will be - running your first 10k race! You will love it, I'm sure๐Ÿ™‚

• Yes, it is going to very festive with bubbles and traditional Danish kransekage en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kra... for runners ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰

• Iben, this is fantastic !

Its great to have goals, something to keep you focused and something to aim for .

Good Luck and your first 10k race too, that's so exciting ! :-) xxx

• I look forward to that race more than I look forward to the holidays๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ So exiting!

• You will definitely do it iben! You're strong and determined! ๐Ÿ˜†

What a great date for your first 10k race too! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†

I thought your post rang a bell with me so I looked up on strava my 1st sub 30 5k : 29th Dec 2014, I remember going out with that one aim( to do it before the year was out) along the seafront,it was hard but great when I did it 29.37!

You'll be fine!๐Ÿ˜†

• Ali! You were the one who inspired me to do the 100k (first I wrote that it was Realfoodieclub who inspired me - must have been with something else :-) :-) :-))

And now you are inspiring me again to follow in your footsteps!

• Aah that's kind of you! ๐Ÿ˜Šmy milage this month has been really bad๐Ÿ˜•! I took a whole weeks recovery on 1st week but my leg has been sore on one calf,it's better but not 100% and have gosport HM this Sunday! Sure it'll hold up ok!??! Last year other leg was sore and made it round.... ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

Don't overdo it !but I reckon you'll be fine. Well done on all your aims iben, you'll do well ๐Ÿ˜†

• I think it was wise decision to take a week to recover. You don't want to end up on the IC for at longer period of time! I have so much respect for injuries! There are people in my club who used to run fast and far, but now they struggle to run 3-5k because of an injury they can't get rid off! So if your calf is telling you to stop Sunday, please do listen!

I'll not overdo it. Promise.

• I will. It's just a knot in the calf,I've been to my sports massage lady and had it looked at,need to do extra stretching and rollering,and have some arnica oil to massage in. I ran ok on tues just gone but it does tighten up afterwards but although it aches ay start of run it loosens as I warm up๐Ÿ˜†

Last thurs I went to a club might where all the local clubs join up together for a run and got my fastest 1k,1 Mile and 2 mile! ๐Ÿ˜†will be happy to knock few mins off last yrs time on Sunday. it was gales last year and wind and rain forecast this yr!! ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜Š

• That's very impressive. I am going to set myself some goals now as I feel I am losing my way a bit since graduating. Struggling to find a programme to follow without Laura around telling me what to do. Definitely need goals and challenges. You are an inspiration!! ๐ŸŒŸ

• I felt the same after graduating but joined a running club that has a group for beginners and I fitted right in. I run with them at least three times a week, sometimes up to 5 times. They don't run on Mondays and Fridays but all other days, and that's the secret behind my success. I can totally recommend finding a group of runners at your own level, it just keeps getting better and better :-)

• Dwynne have you done the stepping stones podcasts with Laura?

• dwynne, did you see misswobble's remark?

• Yes I have - will probably try them again now after all this inspiration! Thanks all ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Wow! Great going....felling inspired especially as I've had a blah couple of weeks for running!

• In your very first post you said that your goal was to reach 5 k this year and you did that a while back already, so yes - it is time to set yourself a new goal. Keep us updated!

• Thank you IbenCopenhagen ...I think my next goal is to do 10 km and to have happy runs!

• Good luck with both. 10k is just around the corner.

• If anyone can do it, you can Ibn - and with style and grace :)

• Thank you for your vote of confidence, John. Style maybe - my own, personal one - grace?? Don't put your money on it...

• I feel it would be a safe bet :)

• You sweet man...

• You bring out the best in us Ibn :) Your posts are always so positive and fun :)

• :-) :-)

You may also like...