Bridge to 10K
7,248 members โ€ข 8,579 posts

My muddy 10k trail run turned in to a 14k!

...and I am very pleased because I am now nearly back to where I was in November, before the dreaded lurgies struck! Will hopefully manage a10 miler (16k) next weekend and then maybe (just maybe) I will be ready for the Bath Half in March!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธHappy running this weekend to everyone.๐Ÿ™‚

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Well done Sandra. I was squelching about in the mud earlier and was completely knackered after a 2.7K run/walk.

2 likes

I did the first 10k (slowly!) on the trail and yes, it was so slippy, which is quite hard work isn't it? Then back on to pavements for the next 4, which was quite a bit easier to run on! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Yes it is definitely hard work. Even in good conditions with firmer ground, running on trails is tough peddling. We have an exaggerated running style on uneven ground to avoid tripping which burns more energy - I think.

Looking forward to your HM?

2 likes

I am thanks Dunder, although I still feel I have a fair amount of work to do! I would like to cover the distance before race day, just so that I know I can do it! Always lacking a bit of confidence in myself unfortunately, despite running giving me more than I had before!๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Way to go Sandra!!

That's brilliantl!!

Gra

1 like

Thanks Gra!โ˜บ

Glad to hear your back on line Sandra!๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thank you, Daveโ˜บ

Wow, that's amazing - well done! Well, probably for you it's not amazing, but I can't even conceive of running that distance! I'm sure you will be ready for the Bath Half - is that a trail run or road? Great stuff!

The Bath Half is all on road, Annie. I really want to prove to myself I can get the distance! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I did a 10 mile road run (Great South Run) in October so am happy running on road, although trails are where my heart lies! And, it is still hard work, but always worth it!๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€!

1 like

You may also like...