Week One Run Three Bto10k? Tick!

On Tuesday you all talked me into the Palma 10k on 16th October.

In spite of all your encouragement, though, I had a terrible run that evening and went on a ridiculous downer but gave myself a rest day on Wednesday and had some words with myself. :)

Then I did the three runs of Week One, on Thursday, Friday and this morning and they were grrrreat!

Bring on Week Two. :)

I think.

9 Replies

• They can't all be fab runs, some could be downright stinkers. Nature of the beast and all that. Do we get downhearted? No we flippin well don't! 😊 We are runners! Yeeeeeeeeeeeha 😆

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeha is just the word for it!

• Good news Anne.. I will be doing W1 R3 later today, was considering just doing a non stop shorter run..but I'm enjoying this B210k system too..😊

Are you doing the Bunny rabbits one or Sammi Murphy? Im right behind you.

Good luck next week with Wk2. Should be fine, don't you think..

• Em - didn't know there were two! I don't have an app for it as I don't run with my phone (owing to not fully understanding how to work it) but I found a printable plan on t'interweb and am following that. First week is 4x (run 10 minutes walk 1 minute). So I don't know which of the two you mention that I'm on!

• Oops sorry Anne, a few people are using podcasts either a bluefin one by audiofuel?(with rabbits🐇) or Sammy Murphy the one Im using. It is 4x10mins with 1 min walk breaks so similar to your plan. Wk 2 is 15 min runs.

Like you, I'm enjoying the structure..just using a music track with it.

Anyway. Run 3 tonight went very well... a bit quicker and I felt stronger and even had something left at the end.😊

Im taking two rest days between runs though so you will be well ahead of me soon. Good luck.😊

• Thanks Jan. Yes, I like the structure too. I didn't realise I'd missed the C25k till I started this.

As far as rest days and run days are concerned, they're governed less by the running and more by the other things I have to fit into my life, such as a full time job and four kids. Ideally, because I have a deadline to get 10k fit for, I'm hoping for 2 days running, 1 day rest, 2 days running, 1 day rest, 2 days running, 1 day rest, etc....

• Phew...good for you for doing a 10k. I'm sure you will be ready the way your training is going...

Good luck and I'll look for your heels in the distance( might need binoculars though)...😄

I will just work through it slowly at my own pace...

• Well done! Keep pushing through! Yeeeeeeeha!

• The bad runs make the good runs even sweeter! Well done!🙂

You may also like...