Hi my mother is 59 years old and was diagnosed with Lump on her left breast a month back during mammography and post FNAC and PET Scan, it was confirmed that she was having a tumour of about 3 cm and possible uptake on auxially node.
She went through MRM and aux lymph node clearance on 29 August 2016 (dissected 10 lymph nodes were removed, largest is a matted node measuring 6*3*3 CMs)
The Histopathalogy reports have come a couple of days back and they state as follows:
1. Left left modified radical mastectomy shows features of infiltrating duct carcinoma. Modified RB score : 3+ 2+2=7, Grade II
2. Tumor cells are arranged in lobules trabecular and singles in a desmoplastic stroma
3. Lymphovascular invasion is seen
4. No In situ ductal component is seen
5. Base is free of tumour
6. No perineural invasion is seen
7. Only one of the auxially nodes shows metastatic tumour deposits with peri nodal extension (1/10)
8. Tumour occupying outer quadrants of breast measuring 4*3*3 CMs. It is present 2cms away from base and 3cms away from overlying skin.
9. Nipple and areole are unremarkable.
1. ER: Positive - Allred score - 4+ 1= 5/8, 30 to 40% of tumour cells show nuclear positivity of weak intensity
2. PR : Positive - Allred score - 4+ 1 = 5/8, 30 to 40% of tumour cells show nuclear positivity of weak intensity
3. HER 2 Neu : Negative
She has borderline diabetes(H1BAC: 6.3%) , blood pressure, severe osteo arthritis on both knees and is obese (BMi: 35) and takes thronorme 50 mcg
She takes the following medication for
1. Rosutec- 10 mg
2. Glucosamine (joint pain)
3. A ten -D and Telvas AM ( blood pressure)
4. Zyloric (Uric acid)
5. Thyronorm (50 mcg)
7. Volix 0.2 mg
8. Uprise and metroneurobion for vitamins
Her uterus and overies were removed 20 years back for some stones found in them.
Considering her body factors, we have been suggested to provide her with hormone therapy and AVOID chemotherapy
Please suggest considering the her Histopathalogy reports and body factors mentioned above , if this is the correct way ahead.
Thanks I advance